Dusk in the Shawnee National Forest

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pretty much a nightly thing as the sun sets the coyotes wake. Then my hunting dog joins in howling and my turkey Tom gobbling too. But baby bear? Yeah he done locked himself in the bathroom again. Crazy dog... Any door that's open, he goes in and closes it with his nose.

I can't begin to tell you how many times my wife has asked me "Where's my baby bear?" I always say... Did you check the bathroom? 95% of the time I'm right.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last week during the night I had to unholster for a bobcat. I had my wife's dog Baby Bear 130 Rottweiler on leash to use the bathroom. And this mature bobcat just comes out of the dark walking right up to the wife's baby. Of course my wife's baby thought it was a new friend and started with his wiggle butt and whining.

I shot at the ground, Bobcat ran one way and the wife's baby about knocked me over trying to chase after it. Stupid dog... That wasn't no kit, it was a mature bobcat and would have torn him up and probably me also.

JB needs to get off the stick and open Illinois back up. The wild animals are getting brave around here without people out and about to scare them back into the deep woods. it's actually starting to get ridiculous. Last night something growled at me, I'm assuming a coyote or a coydog. But my hunting dog chased it off barking up a storm. It was to dark for me to get a good look at what it was. Someone's gonna get hurt, if we don't open back up again soon.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Had the howlalujah chorus in the field next to us last night and they were really singing true. The dogs told them off for making all the noise and it soon got quiet. A beautiful night with stars aplenty, the coyotes howling, owls calling...just gorgeous!

Latest posts