Earth 2100????

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I think maybe we should have a $2,000 licensing fee for each child. That could include a few parenting classes, just for the heck of it. :hide :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
I think maybe we should have a $2,000 licensing fee for each child. That could include a few parenting classes, just for the heck of it. :hide :lol:
:yuckyuck :lol:

Don't hide, I agree with that! And I'm a parent!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aw, come on you guys! Earth 2100 was on TV because some evil corporation put it there -- not because the evil government made them. We're talking about it here because some evil corporation sponsors this website -- not because the evil government is making us. Being "Green" is the biggest buzz word around -- with absolutely no thanks to the government. They probably have "Green" ribbons for all the stars to wear to the Oscars. The free market is what people REALLY control. If pollution bothers you - do what you can to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Get involved. Do something about it and stop expecting the government or the corporations to do it for you.

PS - That's what self sufficiency is all about :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
We are living as self sufficient as possible at the time. We have a garden and a well and we are growing our own food etc. The air is something I worry about, and we as individual ss people, still have almost no control over it. (ETA we DO reduce, reuse and recycle too..)

Reaction score
inchworm said:
Aw, come on you guys! Earth 2100 was on TV because some evil corporation put it there -- not because the evil government made them. We're talking about it here because some evil corporation sponsors this website -- not because the evil government is making us. Being "Green" is the biggest buzz word around -- with absolutely no thanks to the government. They probably have "Green" ribbons for all the stars to wear to the Oscars. The free market is what people REALLY control. If pollution bothers you - do what you can to reduce, reuse, and recycle. Get involved. Do something about it and stop expecting the government or the corporations to do it for you.

Now if the other 99.99999% of the population would do the same thing it might help. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
inchworm said:

sounds good Inchy but there are tons of things as individuals we can not control. heck sometimes you can't get 50 people to change their ways let alone millions..LOL

we do need corps and govt. to help us. sad but true.

and individuals don't control much in life truly. Control is an illusion as is the word "freedom". Only thing we have control over is our own person well being...the way we live our little lives and the few choices we can make....(well, at least this little peon..LOL)

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Gee -- and I was feeling perky yesterday. You all went and burst my bubble....:hit

Inchy

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
inchworm said:
Gee -- and I was feeling perky yesterday. You all went and burst my bubble....:hit

Inchy
:gig
keep up the "good fight!!!!"
all we can do!!! :idunno