Earth 2100????

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I didn't get to see it I spent til about mid night at the new farm last night I would like to catch a repeat of it if I can just to see what they have to say. I doubt that it is really going to be informative or have useful information though. I fear that it rather is filled with corporate garbage of buy my products.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well...I for one watched it, and was just sitting there nodding my head through the whole thing. What they showed is "common sence" Haste makes waste. In this fast paced world we live in, there is so much "throw away" products, and unfortunately, animals and human babies fall into this catagory. People get "tired" of something...they tend to move on. Rarely are you to see kids wearing hand me downs. ( except in this crowd maybe) ;) Too many fast food places...the evidence is laying on most roadsides. I would hope this will open the eyes of even a few more people. I was interested in the "salt water converter" I think its what they called it...that was " built" in California. Makes one wonder if this might already be in the works. :/ Propaganda?? Maybe...eye opener?? Definately!! This old world is getting tired...and I dont thin it can take much more abuse.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Justusnak, I dont think Desalination plants are currently being built but they have talked about it. My FIl has one on hes boat. It can suck water right out of the pacific ocean and filter it. Makes hundreds of gallons a day. The water taste great and cleaner than anything you would ever get from the tap.

I would like to see the show again. Watch the whole thing this time and see how it ended.

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Darn, I missed this; and I really wanted to watch it. I was just looking to see if I could watch it online. I did see a clip that had Jared Diamond in it, who is a scientist that has done some interesting research so I am truly disappointed that I missed this. Maybe I can find it on YouTube or something.

Reaction score
Unfortunately the vast majority of people wont do anything about it, either because they think it's alarmist's or too expensive or believe it but are too complacent. Therefore it's up to the governments of the world to take care of controlling it. Remember that come 2010 and 2012.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I didn't see this show but I have seen many like it.

Too many people using too many resources and it won't change.

Small changes help but overall, I don't think this old Earth has a chance in the long run. The downhill slide is started now!!

Drastic changes will be forced by the govt. eventually. Cause people won't change on their own mostly.....so it will be done for us.

Most people can't look beyond the end of the week---let alone many years into the future.

Sad but true.

kohburn

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
honestly don't believe anything Man could do short of some serious nuclea war could affect global warming or cooling, the sun has way to much power over that and the hot and cold cycles follow the sun spot activity pretty closely.

Polution on the other hand... nobody is poluting the world except humans, and that is something we can seriously do something about.

We use too much, waste too much, over farm the land and dump the compostables into sealed pits and burry them to future generations to find.

Living a life of little waste and healthy living isn't "convenient" enough for the masses, and the masses are too great in numbers. I don't see it being corrected without some total end of the world sort of disaster taking place.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
it's up to the governments of the world to take care of controlling it
'Cause they are doing such a BANG UP job now???

:gig

kohburn

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
it's up to the governments of the world to take care of controlling it
'Cause they are doing such a BANG UP job now???

:gig
people seem to forget that the governments are supposed to be representative of the will of the people. in theory, unless the people want it the government won't do it. (I know, I know, the government really doesn't work that way these days)