Earthday what a fun game!!

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is the Canadian one different? I got that I need 8.2 hectares, or the equivalent of 10 Canadian football fields. I didn't see where it would say how many planets I would need?

And I don't know how accurate mine would be since the only option for Canada was Calgary (practically the opposite side of the country)

We don't have public transit here, and I drive at least 80 miles a day to work and back... and we use tons of electricity.... so yep, I'm also a planet killer apparently if my number is 8.2?

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
occamstazer said:
Also, a lot of the eggs and dairy that most of us gobble comes from our very own critters! They didn't take that into account.
/totally justifying myself
Yeah! And the meat too!! :p
4.8 earths.
Little recycling, cans are the only thing we have a place for, I do use my own methods (plastic bottle greenhouses & composting almost all paper trash)
No public transportation, very little solar, wind or biomass electricity.

Like BBH, I got this huge town car when I drive a tiny 35mpg toyota camry. I wish I still had my Isuzu Pup... 38-40mpg *sigh*

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm at 4.7.

I usually eat chicken and then once or twice a year have pork, once or twice a year have beef and the same with fish. They didn't really have an option to choose that.

We are lucky as our town doesn't charge for recycling so I try to catch everything that can be recycled. The sad thing is that we are one of two houses on the block that do so out of 14. It's like I ask my hubby (who is in the habbit of just tossing everything in the garbage), how hard is it to toss the recyclables into a seperate trash can?

I'd LOVE to be able to do solar water and power but I can't afford that. Why is it that the things that will help save money are really, truly only available to people with more money?

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
We are lucky as our town doesn't charge for recycling so I try to catch everything that can be recycled. The sad thing is that we are one of two houses on the block that do so out of 14. It's like I ask my hubby (who is in the habbit of just tossing everything in the garbage), how hard is it to toss the recyclables into a seperate trash can?
We have to recycle... our garbage collection switched over so now ALL recyclables go into clear blue garbage bags, all 'wet' garbage into clear green tinted bags. They will not pick up black trash bags, or any bags they can't see through and instead stick a 'violation' sticker on the bags... if you don't sort for two weeks in a row the fine is $125... that makes people do it :) You are also in violation if they notice too many recyclable things in your 'wet' green bag and vice versa.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
Also, a lot of the eggs and dairy that most of us gobble comes from our very own critters! They didn't take that into account.
/totally justifying myself :p
I was thinking about that myself. Somehow real electric use wasn't figured in.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I just redid the quiz being as green as possible (I think) and came up 2.9. Little house, no electricity, vegan, etc.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I just did the american one. I got 3.2. It is alot more detailed than the canadian one. Not a very accurate test at all, considering that we grow 99% of our meat, and buy locally almost everything else.