East Texas Gardening

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
As soon as Mother Nature is finished playing with the night time temps around here .... maybe we can get the rest of our seeds planted. Might break a low of 37 degrees Wednesday night that was set back in 1918.

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our fruit trees are finished blooming so we won't have a problem there, but its been so wet and cold at night that I'm afraid any seeds i try to start in the ground might rot. Supposed to get back to normal temps the end of this week maybe.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ain’t that the truth! I’ve been fretting because I’m behind on my garden, now I don’t feel so bad. I got the disc ran around the garden last week, we got 3” of much needed rain, now here comes a frost! It did this last year too. After the ridiculously COLD winter storm we had, -6 F .......... MINUS SIX??? I’ve never done minus degrees in my whole life. At least it could’ve killed the durned fire ants!

The Pagan Pig

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We out ran the frost last night with a low of only about 42 degrees. Do it again tonight and we should be safe. Friday the nighttime temps should be back to normal at around 60 degrees .... if you can believe the weather forecasters.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm tired of cold. It's supposed to be SPRING! Our 35F temperature broke a record for low temps on this day since 1978. Phooey!

A neighbor sent me a picture of a pile of cow manure and rotted hay........ with the caption, Want This? Of course i sent back Heck yeah! He's even repairing the dump trailer he borrowed and will load it up and bring it to us.