Easter Chicks! :D

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was feeding the animals this morning and passed my rabbit hutch that had a broody sitting on some eggs. I stopped to think, I don't remember how long she'd been sittig on them so I decided to check and see if they had busted and eaten the eggs. We had both of our previous broodies do it, so we expected the same of these eggs. Refilled her food and water and then tried to lift a wing to see under her. My heart sank, a broken egg. Just as I stood up I thought I heard something peep. Was it the half grown chicks in the pen on the other side of the yard?

The hen decides to get up to eat and get a drink and in the nest is one dry chick, one wet chick and a bunch of eggs that are in the process of zipping their eggs. Easter chicks! I was so thrilled. Haven't messed with her since, so I don't have a count or anything. Will get pictures and a head count tomorrow!! :lol: I was grinning ear to ear all day. What a wonderful easter surprise. :)

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay. So every single one of her eggs hatched. Only one chick didn't make it, made it out of the egg, but I don't think the yolk was fully absorbed, or he got smushed. She has 11 little fluffy buts are crowded in the nest with her. I will add pictures later today. :)

Latest posts