keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

Mix together

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Drop by Tablespoonfuls on parchment or foil lined cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove entire sheet from pan when removed from oven. Let cookies cool completely before handling.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Z - The cookies are very soft. I usually store them in a cake keeper or tupperware container; but a ziploc bag will work too. I don't really know how they "keep". DH usually takes 6 in his lunch and will have 3 or 4 after work. I double the recipe, which makes 4 dozen cookies. But it doesn't last long. :D

It really is important to let the cookies completely cool on the foil or parchment before handling. If you try to move them off while they are hot they will moosh up and break apart.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I love this recipe and I also add chocolate chips sometimes! I never have to worry about them keeping...they are always gone in about 2 days.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I've used Nutella instead of peanut butter too, if you like hazelnuts and chocolate! :drool

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use this recipe, but after I roll into balls, I press a Hershey's Kiss on them. They never last more than 24 hrs, unless I mail them to OK. They arrive in good condition, so last at least a week.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
keljonma said:
I've used Nutella instead of peanut butter too, if you like hazelnuts and chocolate! :drool
Mmmm, just spread some Nutella on brownies I made. I may have to try them that way. Traditional peanut butter cookies make me miss my grandma. You know, the ones with the marks from the fork tines pressing them down. :)

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
hoosier said:
I use this recipe, but after I roll into balls, I press a Hershey's Kiss on them. They never last more than 24 hrs, unless I mail them to OK. They arrive in good condition, so last at least a week.
Great! I was thinking about baking them to sell, for the gluten-free crowd in particular. I'll try a batch and make DH be the taste tester, boy the things he has to put up with being married to me...
:gig

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
oooh--those sound so yummy! Maybe this should get pasted to the gluten-free thread? I love putting choc chips in my pb cookies, too, especially when they're still gooey warm from the oven.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yikes! I just saw the time on the recipe. Mine says to bake 5-6 mins, so be careful not to burn the kisses.