Edible landscaping books

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I dug these books out to post on another site but wanted my homies to have it too.
The best book (have worn out parts of it,) is The Complete Book of Edible Landscaping by Rosalind Creasy
and the other is The Edible Container Garden by Michael Guerra which is not as large scale as the Creasy book but has lots of interesting ideas.

I hope you can find them- they have done well for me.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
May I thrown in a title that I currently have out from the library?
I'm getting a lot of ideas from it! I've renewed it twice now. Maybe it's time to just buy my own? :lol:
Fresh Food from Small Spaces: The Square-Inch Gardener's Guide to Year-Round Growing, Fermenting, and Sprouting

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Great recommendations.

You know, I had no clue that flowering kale was edible? Guess what I am planting this year :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is great for someone definitely. Edible plants can be absolutely beautiful for decoration purpose also.

For me, I want to kill the front yard and put in mulch and all NC drouight resistant plants. Just to make an area of NO MOWING and drought tolerant and just do smaller maintenance on it to keep it nice.

But I won't be doing edible probably. I have fields and fields of veggies and honestly don't need more at this point......but for anyone needing more garden space etc....this is a smart idea to decorate and eat at the same time! Good deal!!!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I thought about doing something like that, but now that I have ducks, they can eat the grass and dandelions, etc.... so it isn't a total waste of space anymore.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I also graze the horses in areas of "lawn"- as long as I don't leave them there too long, they are only interested in the best grass they can get. If I leave them too long, they might start to investigate trees and bushes.
I don't to that with the goats of course as they would nuke any of the shrubs.
In fact having the horses do my mowing for me as made me redeisgn the landscaping (if it can be dignified by that name) to be safe for them to do that. I found if I put a few temporary posts around trees, it keeps them from pushing into them but still allows them to reach in to nip the grass. And I haven't had to use a lawn mover in two years. Just a manure fork and cart.............:rolleyes:
But even then I frequently just move the pile to the roses nearby.
In orther areas, I have no shrubs so run the goaties into it to get the fencelines eaten clean and the weeds removed.
Hey I guess I so some form of rotational grazing after all.

Latest posts