EEEEEKKKKKK! stalker?

raiquee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Most people are harmless. It's not a bad idea of course to know how to protect yourself, but he's probably a guy that just didn't know you were married and wants to try and get to know you. I think he just needs a clue :) DH would be good at that.

Ya gotta think, we'd all be single if our DHs didn't make a move on us...or in my case me make the move on DH!!:lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have sold a few things on CL. Because most of my stuff is household it's mostly women that come. But my dog is always the first to greet them on the driveway. I let him intentionally. That way they know who they have to deal with.

The handgun practice is a good idea though. Did you ever decide on dogs??

g

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i agree get the hubs involved here...

i also try not to do anythign at home anymore...
we listed a pile of free stuff on craigslist one day...

at some point someone came, whent through the pile of free stuff and when they didnt find antyhign they liked they whent trough a padocked gate and stole our snowblower...

thankfully as im sure the found out not to long later while it LOOKED almost new that stupid thing had given us nothing but issues and wasnt even worth scrap, and the insurance payed for a shiney new one...
but still...

since then, its by apointment only, and i usually offer to meet "off the highway" at our local walmart. or in town, next door to our local police station lol

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've already decided that if I try to sell (or give) anything away on CL, we're going to meet at the local super market or TSC. Last time we sold a car, I got creeped out by a guy that came. He never did anything, but he gave me the creeps. I decided never again.

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Your dh needs to handle this, firmly. And quickly. And clearly. Stalkers are not fun, but when they know a man is paying attention and protective, they tend to go away. They usually want an easy target.
I agree, but dh usually can't be with you 24/7. A fully loaded gun can :p

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ohhh, Creepy!! I agree, Have DH send him an email from your account... Also, learn how to use that .45 and practice practice practice until you are completely comfortable with it. Two scarey things about handguns are that if you are in a struggle, you could end up having the gun used against you, and if you are frightened you could end up shooting the wrong person! If you are comfortable with the gun these things are MUCH less likely to happen.

I am so happy my DH has worked in law enforcement and really wants me to be comfortable with our guns. He tells me that if at any time I get worried or scared, get the handgun out and hold onto it, don't wait until I know something is wrong, have it out and available before hand. We also have a handgun safe with a keypad because we have two little ones, and we practive the code often so that in an emergency we won't fumble. One more thing, always know what you are pointing the gun at. sorry I was so long winded! I love that the DH has pounded all of this info into my brain again and again and again :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I think everything will be fine. After thinking over what I noticed when the stuff was picked up.
The guy emailing is a bit simple. His dad drove him over to get the stuff, and now that I think about it, the son never did anything, other then stand and stare at the goats after saying hi to me.

I have been so swamped with stuff around here, everything is a blur!
I sit down at the computer just to breath for a few minutes before doing more stuff!

I am taking all precautions regardless though. So glad we have close neighbors, even if some of them are not all that great!