egg cartons?

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
...Wow. I double dare you to post that over at backyardchickens. Those people would have a cow! (if it's not all populated by show birds by now lol!)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I wish you were closer. I've been saving them for a friend. I'm ready to say the 1st person to grab them, can have them.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Both of my sisters and a couple of my neighbors saved us all their cartons.......that is until I started GIVING them eggs in those same cartons! :gig I am also beginning to have carton shortages so we just put the word out at the hospital The Wife works at. The cartons are starting to flow in once again!! :D

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Does your feed store sell them? Our feed store sells blank cardboard cartons for 20 cents each. (technically if you are selling eggs though, health regulations won't let you re-use those ones here... they have to be new each time)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
Does your feed store sell them? Our feed store sells blank cardboard cartons for 20 cents each. (technically if you are selling eggs though, health regulations won't let you re-use those ones here... they have to be new each time)
Ohrly? I don't think it matters if you're selling from the farm gate. We cannot sell at the farm market without being graded and adhereing to health regulations, but if you sell from the farmgate only those things don't matter.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bought a supply from Randal Burkey and now when they go out, they come back. Nice colors, green, pink, yellow, blue, white. I change colors at the beginning of each month, so I keep the olders for my hubby and the freshest for friends and families and the sales to co-workers.

And before you say hubby doesn't count - his name should be Mikey - he'll eat anything. I also use the oldest to boil so they'll peel better.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When we had a problem with egg carton shortages we ordered a whole bunch of cartons online. And then told our customers that if we had to provide the carton it would be an extra 25 cents (what they cost us), but if they provided it then no charge. They actually write their names on the cartons now, and some even bring back two for every one that they order. :lol: I think they're scared they will forget one time and want to have a back stock of their own.