Electric Pressure Canner

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am waiting for the Presto electric canner to be available. The website says Dec 2020 or Jan 2021.

There is another brand that has a competing product thats more like an Instant Pot, low capacity, and doesnt appear to meet USDA guidelines.

Is anyone else looking to add an electric pressure canner to their collection of home food processing tools?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not here. Have 2 pressure ones now...an old Presto and a newer All American. Both work great. Have 2 instant pots, too. I'm already "over supplied". ;)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is anyone else looking to add an electric pressure canner to their collection of home food processing tools?
Uh....didn't even know they really existed lol. But - I will certainly check it out! If it reaches and holds the required pressure without needing me to babysit I'd love it!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I LOVE! Just told DH that I will be adding this to the myriad of kitchen appliances that I have. There are plenty of times I'd like to run a smaller batch. What a timesaver to not have to pre-heat everything up and then listen for the right amount of jiggling for up to 90 minutes. I love to can, but don't love that it's so time consuming.