electric pressure cooker ,can I can in it ? Anybody out there got one?

2chickenrich

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I hope someone has done this it would be so quick but I'm not sure the instruction book didn't say anything about it. My brother who has more money than brains gave it to me because it just wasn't what he thought it would be . it cooks so fast but CAN I CAN IN IT?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
You need one that is made for canning....do you have the instruction booklet or the box? You can pressure cook in a pressure canner, but you can't can in a pressure cooker.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
You need one that is made for canning....do you have the instruction booklet or the box? You can pressure cook in a pressure canner, but you can't can in a pressure cooker.
Well, I did it for years and I never killed anyone. :D But I never canned meat and only recipes that called for 10 lbs. of pressure.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
JRmom said:
freemotion said:
Well, I did it for years and I never killed anyone. :D But I never canned meat and only recipes that called for 10 lbs. of pressure.
The trouble with a cooker is that it does not have the extra lock on it that a canner has.

Latest posts