Elimination Diet has alleviated my RA symptoms

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
I'm going on the paleo diet (what bbh is on, only w/ dairy and nightshades sans potatoes)

If its dairy, my scalp is SOL :p
It can just be a yeast overgrowth though.
Getting the body back into balance all around does wonders for anyone :)
Good for you keeping the dairy. Are you getting raw?

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No, the two places I've found are funky brands and I need to venture into Isla Vista (wiki it...) To the only co-op in town to check theirs. But I get organic, full fat for now.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
MsPony said:
No, the two places I've found are funky brands and I need to venture into Isla Vista (wiki it...) To the only co-op in town to check theirs. But I get organic, full fat for now.
Good start :thumbsup

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Peachykeen,
Do you remember what medicine the doctor was thinking about that required blood tests and eye exams? I get blood tests, but my doctor never bothers with my eyes. I think maybe he should.

peachykeen

Power Conserver
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Peachykeen,
Do you remember what medicine the doctor was thinking about that required blood tests and eye exams? I get blood tests, but my doctor never bothers with my eyes. I think maybe he should.
I am on hydroxyquin and that is the one for the eye exam. I already got it done, she wanted one from when I started and then a year from now. The other meds I have no idea, she wasn't interested in talking to me after I mentioned the elimination diet and food allergies!

Denim Deb said:
OK, I didn't read all the links, but what I found interesting is that many of the symptoms of MSG are also the symptoms for Meniere's. I try to avoid prepackaged food as much as possible as it is, and now I'm wondering, since my MD is not anywhere near as bad as what others live with if MSG is at least partially to blame.
Do the elimination diet and find out!!

Yesterday we were in town and had decided we were going to eat at Wendys. I felt so strange while eating the food, like a weird kind of dizzy. I was fine afterwards. I have not had a flareup frm it and I thought I would. I had coke, fries and a grilled chicken burger.

My hubby has not had heartburn either and we have been eating dairy and beef. I really thought I'd be sensitive to dairy. mmm. cheese!

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Maybe someone can suggest something for me. Two years ago, during the holidays I suddenly, out of the blue became extremely constipated. So weird, because I'm a vegetarian and had been so regular you could set your watch to it. The cramping and nausea was so bad I just sat there and cried. I saw a GI who immediately assumed I was lactose intolerant. I stopped eating dairy for close to two weeks, but no change. I did some research about IBS and wound up taking acacia fiber. It seemed to really help, but I was now starting to have attacks of diarrhea. It was so bad, that it would wake me up in the middle of the night and I was almost fainting in the bathroom. I continued taking the fiber and it slowly seemed to improve, but still occasional attacks of diarrhea. So, two years of this, but now I'm noticing that it comes on during my cycles and when I'm under stress. I also remembered that the constipation started while I was still very actively nursing my daughter so I think hormones are a big factor. I've actually stopped taking the fiber because it was causing too much painful gas. So far, so good, but I still suffer from upset stomach from time to time. If anyone has any incite I'd really appreciate it!

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Leaky gut? Oh, FREE!!!!
I did some reading about leaky gut, and that sounds about right. The fact that this all started around the holidays when I was eating what family had made plus lots and lots of cookies makes me think I damaged my ability to digest well. My poor intestines need help. So, I'm planning a two week cleanse with no dairy, wheat, soy, sugar, or caffeine. This very well may kill me, but I've got to try something. I need my life back. Thanks so much.