Emaciated chicken

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it is a management/feeding issue from DS15 not following directions. I went out to check the coop this morning and he hadn't fed them before he went to school. 🤬
Ugh, been there. When I had my egg layers a month before the wife moved out, the son kept telling me the chickens weren't laying very many eggs. It was his chore to tend to the chickens.
Only getting 6 or so a day. Since it was Dec, it didn't really seem that odd. One day, at the urging of his mom, he flat out said he wasn't doing it any more.
I went out and found over 70 eggs packed in the nesting boxes and on the coop floor. At least they were being feed, thank goodness

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ugh, been there. When I had my egg layers a month before the wife moved out, the son kept telling me the chickens weren't laying very many eggs. It was his chore to tend to the chickens.
Only getting 6 or so a day. Since it was Dec, it didn't really seem that odd. One day, at the urging of his mom, he flat out said he wasn't doing it any more.
I went out and found over 70 eggs packed in the nesting boxes and on the coop floor. At least they were being feed, thank goodness
Uggh, I feel that. I found a dozen eggs in the coop this morning too. DS15 tried to tell me they "stopped laying." Nice try kiddo, we're not that dumb. :rantHe didn't want to pick eggs because he's mad at me because he got consequences for his bad teenagery choices. :rolleyes: Why must children be so childreny?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Uggh, I feel that. I found a dozen eggs in the coop this morning too. DS15 tried to tell me they "stopped laying." Nice try kiddo, we're not that dumb. :rantHe didn't want to pick eggs because he's mad at me because he got consequences for his bad teenagery choices. :rolleyes: Why must children be so childreny?
To quote a dear departed friend, "teenage brains are squiggly jello which doesn’t firm up until their early 20s"

Latest posts