Embarrassing Moments

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Stopped at at drive thru this morning and got a drink and biscuit per usual. Got the drink, drove off. Realized pretty quickly I had forgotten my biscuit . :eek:
Turned around and got it. Told the girl at the window, " Guess you can tell Im not quite awake yet, huh?
:oops:

So, what embarrassing moments have you had? :hide

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Had injured my knee and went through physical therapy. Was on last followup visit to verify that I was healed. Was reading a magazine while waiting and got called back so I walked over to put the magazine back in it's big rack and whacked my previously injured knee on the rack in front of the doctor.

Hubby laughs about that one still. I'd luckily only hit it on the nerve and didn't injure it.

Oh and there is where I was flipping open a paper bag at the grocery store and skinned my eyeball. So yes. I lost a fight with a paper bag.

The ER people thought I was joking when I told them I thought there was a rat tooth in my toe until I pulled out the baggy with the other tooth Id pulled out from further up. I'm all calm and casual, the check in nurse looked horrified, and hubby was snickering that it would teach me to not stomp rats barefoot.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Then... there was the time when I walked out of church in the evening, after accompanying hubby to music practice. It wasn't even dark out. I headed across the parking lot and opened the passenger door to climb in. I would say that I was shocked to find out that my husband wasn't sitting in the drivers seat. It was a complete stranger. And... he was wearing a police uniform! A local police officer who found our parking lot a convenient place to do some paperwork. Fortunately, for me, he had a good sense of humor:

Me: "oops. Wrong car."

Him: "I guess so, but I'll give you a ride anyways!"

Then, there was the very cold winter night when I went out to put the birds to bed. I stepped into the duck house to fluff up their bedding, and pulled the door closed behind me, b/c it was so nasty cold and windy. When I went to open the door back up, the latch fell off in my hand.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mom ran into a pole in the Walmart parking lot and got a black eye that lasted over 4 months. People kept asking her if she needed some help getting away from Dad. They didn't really believe her when she explained what happened.

So I come by my klutziness naturally. Actually I'm a bit worse than Mom but only get my arms or legs usually .

Oh she ran into the wall at home once and gave herself a black eye then, too. Hit the corner trying to walk from living room to bedrooms in the mostly dark.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I used to break/train horses as side work. My wife has yet to see me fall off yet it's happened many times. While getting ready for our wedding I went to catch our horses with nothing. I jumped on one mare with no bridle not even a hay string or long sleeve shirt. She ran under some limbs and I laid down backwards with my knees by her neck and my head on her but. After the limbs she turned a hard left and I busted my tail on some rocks in front of her cousin who wanted to see someone ride a horse.

Latest posts