Emergency Kit....275 meals for $75

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Sounded interesting....until I saw the V word...LOL

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have not tried that particular brand, but we have "tested" several freeze dried items and they were surprisingly good. That being said,"yes I know its not the best thing for you and the way its processed is not the best for our bodies" But when you live in an area prone to natural disasters as we have several times, this type of thing is great to have. It had good ratings, most commented that the portions are a little deceiving being that the food is prepackaged 55 packets of 5 servings. I am going to order one and see if they would make a great gift for family. Thanks!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Sounded interesting....until I saw the V word...LOL
What is the "V" word to you?? To me it is virgin!! :lol: :lol:

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Silly lawsuit as far as I am concerned, this is a good supplement for food storage and certainly not complete but dollar for dollar it's a good buy. People should go from there. This lawsuit reminds me of those silly warning labels you see like "If you cannot read please do not use this product" or "do not use this iron in water". JMO

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Y'know, that's not a bad buy and if you were good at dehydrating some meat to go into some of those meals they might even be okay more or less.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
farmerlor said:
Y'know, that's not a bad buy and if you were good at dehydrating some meat to go into some of those meals they might even be okay more or less.
Or if you can meat.. That would work too..

I read the lawsuit thing.. It said the buckets said that they would last one person 3 days.. If you look at the description for the bucket now.. It just says how many meals it has now.. I guess they changed it..

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
What I saw was servings, not meals. A very big difference, especially since each serving was around 200 some calories. You aren't going to survive very long on about 600 calories a day.