Etsy?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Has anyone had SUCCESS with an Etsy store? It is SO hard to get noticed!

What did you sell?

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I dont sell much but the fees are so low I keep it going and I enjoy making things so it gives me some place to sell them. I do know a couple people who do a pretty good business. I think its about finding something unique or in high demand.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
While I dont sell on Esty, I do buy an awful lot from there. List your store links please :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You have to market to drive people to your store. Put up fliers locally. Send emails to existing customers with some kind of referral coupon (one for you one for a friend, etc...)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
A girlfriend of mine makes glass jewelry and had a store on there. She posted her link on FB all the time, and her friends help spread the word. She also went to shows, etc and just made business cards on her computer to give out. Worked out so well she now has her own site and is supported by PayPal.

Its just a matter of getting the word out.

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just looked at your rabbitry shop and I think it looks really good :) The key, like the others already mentioned, is marketing and advertising and getting people to look at YOUR specific shop, concentrating on methods that you know will reach your specific "target audience" to use a business-y phrase. Once you get a decent audience with regular sales you can kinda cut back a little on the marketing (or not, hehe) but at first it's crucial. There's some other social networking type sites out there specifically for knitting etc with people who would probably love to hear of your bunny wool... I'm thinking like ravelry.com would be awesome for you if you don't already use that site.

The other other thing that jumps out at me right away is that since you're so new, you still have 0 feedback. I always recommend to buy a few inexpensive items from a few different people if you're able, just to get the feedback kickstarted. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I bought something yesterday. :) Feedback coming soon. I spent most of a day on the Etsy forums. The most valuable thing was "Why would you NOT buy from this shop" and another that was "at first glance, what is this shop about?" I had to make some major changes, but I think it is coming together so that when I DO get traffic, they will be comfortable buying from me.