Eugene, Oregon

Daphnetree

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I live in Santa Clara, a suburb of Eugene, and just getting started in urban homesteading, although had a long interest in food self reliance and emergency preps. Been storing food and water for years (grew up in Utah, but am not Mormon), have our own well set up as well as water barrels, solar panels, chickens, and a big garden. Thinking about rabbits. For the last 30 years I have a little herbal product business and sell products from what I grow and wildcraft. I am single with four adult children and three grandchildren that come over often. Would love to meet other folks in Santa Clara who are into permaculture and self sufficiency.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
:welcome Would love to hear more about what you do with the herbs. We've got chickens and a garden on 1/4 acre.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

I live about an hour south of you.

red_menace

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I just moved to Santa Clara with my wife and two boys. What area of Santa Clara are you in? We got here just in time to get our garden going, we're shifting to as much grey water usage as possible, and we're starting a whole bunch of projects soon like rabbit hutches and stuff like that. We're sort of new to this too, but we're dedicated to it if you are looking for like-minded people. I'll email you too in case you don't check this out.

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I always dreamed of living in Scottsdale Oregon. Just thought it was perfect. Oregon is a beautiful state.
Welcome.