Everybody still here?

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello! I've been gone for a few months, but wanted to check in with my SS group. Got to spend 6 weeks with my kids at my parent's hobby farm. Never has hard work been so relaxing. Probably the highlight of the trip for me was after a big windstorm some huge tree branches and some trees themselves were downed all around their house and my guest house. I got fed up with using their sawsall to cut up trees and went and bought myself a chainsaw. Love that thing. I had to practically fight my mom to use it. :lol: I did leave it at their house when I left.

So what's up with you? Major highlight of the past few months?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
It has been kinda quiet. Lots of summer projects probably, people have been discussing a lot of food storage this last month. A few people have been missing lately (sunsaver's computer is broken, glenolam is working alot and OFG must be busy or something). There are a few folks who used to post a lot that I don't see too often anymore.
Quail Antwerp just had her baby, and Bubbling Brooks baby is sitting up. Barred Buff and I both are getting rid of ducks. LOL Those are odd bits of news I can update you with.

There has been a lot of discussion about the uneasiness in the world currently, and I think we see more people kind of checking in and checking us out. Some of them are nicer than others. Their seem to be a lot of views on those types of topics however. I think most of the forum members have been plugging along with projects and most especially getting ready for the winter/any disaster has been foremost in most people's minds.

I don't know what major highlight there might have been.......:th

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's been quiet all over my internet. The News, the forums, my chatrooms, emails...everything. Is anybody out there?? :hu

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
agreed it has been kinda quiet on my usual forums too.
in my news, im moving to TN and realy excited about it. trucks supposed to come tomorrow Woot!
nervous too obviously but otherwise excited.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
pinkfox said:
agreed it has been kinda quiet on my usual forums too.
in my news, im moving to TN and realy excited about it. trucks supposed to come tomorrow Woot!
nervous too obviously but otherwise excited.
Wow...big move pinkfox!! From CT to TN. Job move? Family move? Perm move?

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My SO and I are moving from the Denver, CO area to eastern Kansas in eight days as well, roughly the same time P.Fox is moving to TN :) Our move is job related though. gave away or butchered all of our chickens, currently processing them two and three at a time :) Learning how to be a stay at home cook and bake and clean husband is getting to be rather fun :) Also looking at starting my own GF bakery/cafe business after we get to Kansas so we'll see how that goes.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome back! Glad to hear you had a good time out on the farm. No big highlights here, just busy with life. And driving around L.A. with my 16-year-old cousin who just got her learner's permit, which is its own adventure. Most of the time I feel like this: :ep

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
colowyo0809 said:
My SO and I are moving from the Denver, CO area to eastern Kansas in eight days as well, roughly the same time P.Fox is moving to TN :) Our move is job related though. gave away or butchered all of our chickens, currently processing them two and three at a time :) Learning how to be a stay at home cook and bake and clean husband is getting to be rather fun :) Also looking at starting my own GF bakery/cafe business after we get to Kansas so we'll see how that goes.
where to in eastern KS? I just moved from the Manhattan KS area to SC in Jan 08.