EweSheep's Last of the Welsummer Wine

EweSheep

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am going to do my best in writing a journal but I am not much of keeping up to date all the boring details I can ramble on about city living and one day I will live out in the country with my own family! Its a dream no one can deny me and my loving husband from!

This is the picture of my family and it was taken almost four and half years ago. I've gotten older, grayer and wiser! :lol:

Picture038.jpg

Here goes the information you all wanted to know about me! ;)

01. Name? Robin
02. Gender? Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland? The one in Florida
04. What is your favorite color? Blue
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? Fruit gum
06. How much do you weigh? too much!
07. How tall are you? 5ft 3 inches
08. Can you swim? yes
09. Do you like to swim? yes
10. Living arrangement? Married
11. What's on your mouse pad? Nothing, have a laptop sitting on my lap
12. Favorite board game? Monopoly
13. Favorite magazine? 2 of them, Backyard Poultry and Taste of Home
14. Favorite Actor? too many but one I will watch often is the guy named Bill Owen.
15. Favorite Actress? Judi Dench
16. Do you have an accent? Yes, due to hearing impairment, people thought I came from UK
17. Favorite smells? baked bread and honeysuckle
18. Least favorite smells? sewer and damp moldy smelling basements
19. Favorite sound? bagpipe playing and opera
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? oceans
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? No, why that question?
22. Pencil or pen? pen
23. Who's better - boys or girls? I only have a DD but my sis says boys are better than girls
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? yes
25. Do you sing in the shower? No
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Mary Poppins
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Is Katie up?
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? I dont answer phones, hubby does
29. How do you want to die? peacefully and quickly
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? no
31. Gold or silver? silver
32. Would you ever go bungee-jumping? Hell NO!
33. Do you like dressing up? depends what it is, I love to dress up for CW ball!
34. Would you rather be short or tall? I'm happy the way I am
35. Do you enjoy reading? yes
36. What book are you reading now? Hardtack and French Fries
37. Favorite books? whatever my moods is in...history and how things are made
38. What was the last movie you saw? Gettysburg and Mrs Brown
39. Favorite movies? Mrs Brown, Braveheart, Rob Roy, Sound of Music, South Pacific
40. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No but my husband is better than a stuffed animal!
41. What is your sign? Pisces
42. What are your personality traits? Calm, secure, thinks ahead before acting out, slow to anger, understanding, does not get rattled when emergency arises (almost too calm that it can be un nerving to hubby)
43. What's your biggest fear? losing love ones
44. Would you ever have cosmetic surgery? No
45. Future child's name? Can not have anymore, I'm done! ;)
46. Favorite foods? D'Arcy's horseshoes (look it up on the Food Network, its GREAT!)
47. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla
48. Do you like to drive fast? Yes at times
49. Storms - cool or scary? cool
50. Do you like to dance? Yes
51. Do you do drugs? no
52. Do you smoke? no
53. What do you think of people who smoke? Nasty but go ahead as long you dont smoke in my face or space!
54. Do you drink? No
55. Favorite drink? Lemonade
56. Do you think men and women could ever be just friends without wanting each other? Yes
57. Do you eat the stems of broccoli? yes
58. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be? Content to be a SAHM!
59. What's your "type"? Men in kilts
60. Do you bite your nails? No
61. Any siblings? One sister, four years younger than me, no brothers
62. What movies have you cried in? I think it was Snow on the Mountain (a CW movie)
63. Do you believe in God? most of the time
64. Did you ever cry over a guy/girl? yes
65. Have you ever stolen anything? no, not since I was in a kid!
66. Do you procrastinate? sometimes
67. Do you believe in fate? Yes
68. Who's your favorite Sesame Street character? those two old men in the opera house
69. Do you organize your CD's? No
70. What is your favorite kind of music? Opera, easy listening, CW era songs, bagpipes, glass harmonica
71. What are your favorite bands/artists? Domingo, Pavarotti, Cararras, Yanni, Jerry Hadley
72. What was the last CD you got? dont remember now
73. MTV or VH1? I like them both
74. Who do you admire the most? (have to think on that one!)
75. Internet Boyfriends and Girlfriends? NO! thats cheating!!!!
76. Are you single? Married for five years in June
77. Favorite TV show? Ghost Hunters, Ghosts International or nature reality shows such as Survivorman.
78. Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? brunettes
79. Glasses or contacts? Used to wear glasses, had Lasix surgery
80. What color are your eyes? hazel
81. What is your natural hair color? brown, now greying
82. But what color is it now? brown-grey
83. Have you ever been in love? yes
84. Any pets? Yes, one Siamese cat
85. Good, decent, or poor grades? good
86. Is the glass half empty or half full? Half full
87. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? yes
88. What's under your bed? underbed totes and dust bunnies!
89. What is your favorite number? 7
90. Favorite sport to watch? anything equistrian sports, racing, rodeo, dressage, jumping, etc.
91. Kids names? Katie
92. Significant other's name? Larry
93. Do you like your parents? Yes
94. what kind of car do you own? 04 Dodge Caravan
95. Naked or pajamas? why need to know???
96. Messy or neat? a bit of both, hard to keep up after our messes and neatness
97. Did you go to college? Yes, two of them. Studied at BHE for Horse Science Technology for pre vet student and second one was at ICC for Graphic Design.
98. Do you work? No, SAHM
99. Weirdest job? Havent had weird jobs but had hard physcial labor as a stall mucker.
100. How old are you? 44

A little about my history......

I have been a city girl most of my life and like every girls dreamed of having a horse of her own was my life time ambition which came true when I was a freshman in high school. My father who was a manager of Xerox Corp at that time applied for a transfer near Peoria, IL and he decided we as kids would pick a rental house or farm we would like to live in. Surely enough, we found a beautiful ranch style farm house, fairly new to us, was not old, out in the country of Brimfield, IL. Those were the happy times in the 1980's and very much happier because we had transferred or moved more than ten times. You can understand we really never had close friends simply because in the fact, we get close with them, it really put us in a state of confusion and despair of uprooting and shaking our security.

At that farm, I got my first horse, a real rude awakening for me, as a green beginner that has read up every books on horses for years, here's the real thing! This gelding was a 3/4 flea bitten, heavy Raffles bred Arabian and he really did teach me a thing or two! I sure did learn alot from him but he was not able to keep up with the miles I wanted to go over to the Jubilee Park trails. He was not old but acted old. So I sold him to a gentleman that used him for cattle and light riding.

A year later, my parents filed bankruptcy and the owners of the farm wanted to come back to live in the US after being in Brazil for a few years. The owner was a top official of Caterpillar. Fortunately we found another farm house about five miles south of Brimfield and it was good we didnt have to lose friends or change schools. So all of our dogs and my gelding came down to the new farm. It was a much older farm house but my parents loved the old charm and renovated it. The rent was the unbelieveable $250 a month *in 1983*. There I had was raising Paso Fino horses and miniature horses and all the chickens I would want. My parents already put in over 40,000 to put the old farmhouse back in its former glory until we got a lightening fire in 1993, it was the saddest day of our lives, which I had to give up all my chickens and my horses out for lease. Many times I wished we had not given up but the owner of the farmhouse decided it was not worth fixing it up even it was only minor damages of the basement and a replacement of the first floor, that was it. So it was the insurance money he decided to run with and left us hanging to find another house in such a very short notice. Then for the first time in a good while, we lived in a small town of Hartsburg but it was not comfortable for me. then I found a job here in Decatur as a data claims processor for an electrician union health welfare trust fund. There I stayed for ten years and got terminated and they cut back on all corners because they were not making profits and some of the employees, including myself were making too many mistakes! (long story)

I longed to have chickens again for eggs and something "different". I did my research and found out that I could have chickens. :celebrate The rest is history! My goals are to raise some better Spitzhaubens and improve on the Welsummer Bantams' egg colors while keeping the size small.

I have no dogs, too many pit bull dogs around our town and I do not want to deal with them.

My hobbies consisted of reading, writing, researching family trees, doing CW reenactments, going to Celtic festivals (both of us have Scottish roots), lace bobbins, and cross stitching. Of course, last of all, surfing the net and meeting you all!

There you go! All in a nutshell!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Robin, and welcome!! Keep the dream alive....one day you WILL have that farm. ;)

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello! I also wondered if I would bother to keep up my journal and now... Well it's gotten out of control. Anyway, so you have chickens? You're already ahead of me!

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:welcome welcome aboard..its a learning experience on this site.. I have learned bunches.. and the people are so nice.. :)

EweSheep

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hennypenny9 said:
Hello! I also wondered if I would bother to keep up my journal and now... Well it's gotten out of control. Anyway, so you have chickens? You're already ahead of me!
You will get yours, soon! ;)

I finally gave away my two Welsummer Bantam cockerals and my Spitz cockeral to a guy that lives on the west side of town. Glad they will have a happy home! it was kind of bittersweet since I love those boys but the "trials of crowing" among the boys would certain get me in trouble!

First day of PT today, sore as I was and tomorrow, another one and hopefully not as painful. Anything to avoid surgery near future if the PT does not work. I love my PTherapist and had her before a few years back.

DD is fussy about doing things now and wanted to go outside to play and overfeed the chickens! Two slices of bread does NOT mean six slices of bread! At least they are ok and not overstuffing themselves silly.

Yes folks here are very nice!