Excaliber Dehydrator I Got It

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am looking at a excaliber 9 tray dehydrator and they are asking $125 for it. Is that a fair price? I have access to about three 5 gallon buckets of tomatoes and would really like to dry some of them but don't have a dehydrator.

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love mine. Have apples in it @ this time. The only problem with it (also in their pamphlet) is the door falls off. Sit it so it will not fall on the floor. See if you can get them to lower the price but I think it is worth it if it is new or like new.
Love my tomatoes dried in it.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I want an excaliber! I want to replace my 30 year old Harvest Maid with the plastic trays that are disintegrating. That sounds like a good price for one to me.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I think so, I've never seen one for less than that. My 9-tray cost around $150. Well worth every penny!

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:ya Yeah- I got it. I showed up to look at it and it was in like new condition. I played dumb and told the guy I couldn't remember what he wanted for it and he told me $100( he had it listed for $125). He asked me what I would give him and I offered him $80 and he never batted an eye.:D It is now fully loaded with chicken of the woods mushroom and as soon as they are done it will be loaded tomatoes(I have about a 5 gallon pail to dehydrate). Than maybe apples and pears. Can you tell I am excited :weee

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lucky you. Keep that baby going. I dry lots of garden produce so I don`t have to run to town for anything when I want soup! Lucky you!

I got married in Colfax. It was on a hill. Was called the Hermitage @ the time!