"Expert" my curvacious backside!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
In some gloom and doom article about how the world will be unrecognizable in 40 years, pesky people wanting to eat meat get some of the blame...

It takes around seven pounds (3.4 kilograms) of grain to produce a pound of meat, and around three to four pounds of grain to produce a pound of cheese or eggs, experts told AFP.
Hey "expert". COWS DID NOT EVOLVE TO EAT GRAINS!!! CHICKENS AND DUCKS WOULD RATHER HAVE WORMS THAN CORN!!! The ANIMALS and people eating meat is NOT THE PROBLEM! It's trying to base raising animals on GRAINS that are the problems!

Let the animals eat a natural diet and there IS no problem.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like more people who just want us all to be vegan. If that happened, what do we do with all those unwanted animals?

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sic 'em Wifey! Some guy actually came into the grocery store where I work part time yesterday, and told the manager that he was "very disappointed in us" about our gluten free section. He wasn't upset that we don't have enough. He was upset that we carried it at all. :/

He said he was a corn & soybean farmer, and gluten free products are putting him out of business, and there's nothing wrong with HFCS! Seriously? He was not kidding. Does he honestly think his "food" is being made into "food" in the grocery store? Maybe he forgot that most of his crop is going to the meat department.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Oy vey!

Grains nearly killed me and he is mad people like me wont eat them? Maybe I should drink more booze to help keep the liquor distillers in business and take up smoking again to assist the poor tobacco farmers too!

:gig

ksalvagno, as more papers are published showing the dangers of a grain based diet, I imagine the vegan nut jobs are going to get more and more vocal.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My chickens only like corn on the cob, any dried is left untouched. They *really* like banana chips and worms. You sit in the lawn chair, they surround you like vultures and sweetly chirp to give their fat butts more and more :p But seriously, Ava sits in the back of the chair, Harry sits on one arm rest and either Scooter or Sent on the other arm rest. Lol my girls take food seriously.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
My ducks favorite foods are worms, duckweed, fish and peas. I am trying to up my production on these things the reduce my need for premixed feed.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Duckweed is nasty, if I had known you a year ago I would have sent you pounds and pounds from our 200 gal tank at the store! Set up an aquarium (it can be done cheaply) and let it go. I assure you, you will *never* get rid of it lol. Australia had a crisis when one of their rivers was clogged with duckweed.

Wifezilla

Reaction score
I grew it in my pond...ON PURPOSE! Everyone thought I was nuts :gig
1004174a.jpg

But I never had to worry about too much duckweed. The ducks got out of their pen on a couple of occasions and cleaned it all out :D
1004160w.jpg

Australia didn't have an excess duckweed problem. They obviously had a duck deficiency!

colowyo0809

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
In some gloom and doom article about how the world will be unrecognizable in 40 years, pesky people wanting to eat meat get some of the blame...

It takes around seven pounds (3.4 kilograms) of grain to produce a pound of meat, and around three to four pounds of grain to produce a pound of cheese or eggs, experts told AFP.
Hey "expert". COWS DID NOT EVOLVE TO EAT GRAINS!!! CHICKENS AND DUCKS WOULD RATHER HAVE WORMS THAN CORN!!! The ANIMALS and people eating meat is NOT THE PROBLEM! It's trying to base raising animals on GRAINS that are the problems!

Let the animals eat a natural diet and there IS no problem.
:woot

however, there are laws on the books in several states (including ours) that say you cannot say anything bad publicly about the meat industry.
However, I say it all the time :D