faith healing

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I had been reading the first Foxfire book and it was talking about faith healing. I have a great aunt that is a faith healer, she can take the fire out of burns. I had to call her this morning because my 4 yr old wanted to help with pancakes this morning and grabbed the frying pan before I could stop him and he burned two of his fingers to the point that he had blisters. Within 10 minutes of calling her his fingers were better.

It just got me thinking and wondering if anyone else has any family members that are faith healers or who have been healed themselves. My great grandfather could take the fire out and he said that it was passed down in the family from father to daughter to son to daughter and so forth as far as he knew. I just think it is fascinating. Anyone else have any experiences?

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've never known anyone personally. It's always been someone who knows someone who knows someone sort of thing.

I find it wonderfully interesting though.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My mother was born a healer. She was born with a 'veil' over her eyes, and until a certain age could heal. One day she met a man and told him of this gift she had, and believe it or not, he took it from her. She is still very gifted, she can tell things...like when I was 5000 miles away at 19 and decided to go back homw she knew I was getting closer...but she no longer has this 'faith healing' gift as you put it.

On the other hand, I believe that any Christian who lives his life in a very continuous relationship with God can use this gift. I have been healed of numerous things by asking and believing. I know a man who's bad leg grew three inches in three seconds and he was healed. He tells me he actually saw it grow. His doctor could not explain it! I believe that faith in God does heal;

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My grandma was supposedly healed of scalding burns when she was 2 years old by someone who could "talk out the burn". This was in Arkansas in the 1910s. She pulled a pan of boiling water off the stove and it poured down her whole body. She never had any burns or scars.

WWolf

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Healing energy is real ! All matter, EVERYTHING ! has a frequency. How you "vibrate" in relation to other vibes can have some very astonshing effects. Certain practices, many going back to the very dawn of mankind, take use of this and have been quite useful in healing. I have witnessed some quite cool results with myself, children, animals and especially plants.
All beings have this capability and we all are are ment to feel and use this but " the modern world" is so crazy and "noisy" many never get the joy of those feelings.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Faith healing can really happen in a lot of different ways.

I've always had faith that what ever I needed to sustain myself and loved ones would be provided. So it it were illness I would be lead to the answer in an herb or medicine or a person that would lead to the cure. So out of this we have overcome much, even my sons scoliosis. At times it seems that the trick for me is to keep my intent on the natural world, if I allow myself to be sidetracted things don't go so well, but at times even the conventional medical community holds a saint.

I feel that we are all here to do gods work and that with in us, as a collective, answers to just about anything can be found. We each have different gifts to bring to the table and finding one another is the wonderous thing. Cures come wrapped in different types of packages and are brought to you by different people.

Ask and you shall receive. Knock and it shall be opened.

Latest posts