Fall Yard Art...what did you do?

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Great job!
I did the same as I have been doing the last few years.
I have old wooden wheelbarrows filled with pumpkins and mums. I put a bale of straw in front and more pumpkins and gourds on top of the straw bale and around the base of it I have more mums and pumpkins.
I have two of these wheelbarrows and do a little different set up on each side of the yard.
One of them has a scarecrow in the display as well.
Then I have 3 lanterns with candles in them on the front steps, some gourds and pumpkins here and there and bittersweet vines interwoven through them.
Then a cornstalk on the lampost and mums and pumpkins going around the base of that.
Then pumpkins and mums going up the walk way and the back steps.
I love the fall, I live for it. Its such a beautiful time of year.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Super simple here......3 mums all acquired but not paid for by me....I like that, couple big pumpkins, a small stick scarecrow stuck in the ground all around my tree and old plow out in the front yard.

I love the mum colors, pinkish, bright red with yellow centers and bright yellow...!!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Although I am a bit inspired by everyone's ideas, I don't know how elaborate I'll get next year. I know the DH had that 'gleam' in his eye thinking of a 'pumpkin town' or something in the yard.....ok, that is A LOT of carving!! LOL

And HELLO!! am I the only one posting pics of my yard?????? ROFL :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Takes a long time to download a pic for me, Pi-girl! ;) Got dial-up and it takes about 15-30 min. to download a pic using the site's upload. So....if you want to download a couple, takes a bit long. :(

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I hear you on carving the pumpkins, its alot of work.
A couple of years ago my oldest son and I carved 20 pumpkins and it was wrist breaking scooping out those insides.
Now I found an easier way.
We go on a "pumpkin walk" every year at the wildlife center.
Its a fundraiser, and they carve 1000 jack o'lanterns and have them all lit up and spread out on a mile walk through the woods.
They are put up into trees and everything else.
Can you imagine carving a thousand pumpkins.
Anyway, its a great time, but at the the end of the walk they tell everyone to take all of the jack o' lanterns they want.
So last year we had 25 or 30 jacks carved out and lit across the length of our stone wall in front of the house, for halloween.
It looked awesome and we didn't have to do anything.
Cars were going by and beeping and trick or treaters knocking on the door kept commenting. My kids loved the idea so I will do the same this year.

We still carve them for fun and did a few this week, but not on the scale of what we can get at the walk.