Family's food confiscated because of charitable giving

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
It's hard to take an article seriously when the publisher doesn't even pretend to have a balanced argument. I'm left wanting to hear the *other* side of the story...

As for Big Brother, it is worth noting that it was State and County law that purportedly handled this one.

So, still wondering about the full details...

bjmstahl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What in the world could these people (and their children) have done to have the police storm their house and hold them at gunpoint. They weren't arrested and all they took was their food and computers. :hu

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well it looks like this is what they did.....The confrontation began developing several years ago when local health officials demanded the family hold a retail food license to run their co-op.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Sure, this one has been going around and around and around on the internet for some considerable while now. Sounds like it is finally getting to court. Who knows.

When something makes as little apparent sense as this one does, to me the smart money is on there being a lot more to the story, one way or another, than is being reported in the media.

Pat

bjmstahl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
And that's sufficient reason to hold people at gunpoint? And they weren't charging for food. A retail license is reguired to sell merchandise to the public.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Whatever, I mean we are not arguing the case...I am simply pointing out that according to the article there appears to be cause. You can disagree, but there is always two sides to every story and this article is very clearly spun to present one side.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
There are a lot of "ifs" in this story. Experience has taught me that when there seem to be huge missing chunks to a story, there usually are.

If all is true as reported, then I would say it would be very unusual and out of line to hold an innocent, charitable family at gunpoint.

If that is truly what happened, then Yay! for our Big Brother justice system that allows this family to take this case to court and get justice.

If this is truly what happened, then Yippeee! for our Big Brother gov't that allows our media to report things that make our BBG look bad.

I love how all the pieces fit together, checking and balancing one another.

However, with instant media such as the Internet, where ANYbody can say ANYthing, it is our responsibility to carefully read and check things. Personally, I blow off anything that is as obviously biased as this article. Maybe wrongfully, but I still do. I save my time for sources that at least attempt 2-sided reporting. So, this very freedom of speech that we all love gives us a lot more responsibility in forwarding, copying and posting things about our gov't, one another, or anything since it is so easily and quickly digested.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I heard about this too some time ago. I also think there is more to the story. I am curious to see how it turns out.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Personally, I blow off anything that is as obviously biased as this article. Maybe wrongfully, but I still do. I save my time for sources that at least attempt 2-sided reporting. So, this very freedom of speech that we all love gives us a lot more responsibility in forwarding, copying and posting things about our gov't, one another, or anything since it is so easily and quickly digested.
:thumbsup

Latest posts