Farm Market today.

buckeye lady

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I sold products for the first time at the Farm Market today. I had Heirloom yellow tomato plants, strawberry jam, and homeade dry Laundry Soap.
I sold 3 plants and several soap samples. (1-2 loads for 25cents). I made $8.75, space rental was $10.00 and I spent $13.00 on other peoples products! So I'm down $14.25! I enjoyed the day though and I'm sipping on a wonderful herbal tea blend I got there. I also bought a new infuser and I couldn't resist a small boquet of wild gathered flowers. ( You know-the necessities)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
That sounds like a lovely way to spend your day! I just love farmer's markets! Ours was today, unfortunately I had to do yard work. :/ WEEDS! :barnie

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Becca and I browsed through the local farmer's market today, too. I spent a whole $4 buying a tumbling tomato plant for my front porch - and it came with it's first two ripe tomatoes! :lol:

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
buckeye lady said:
I sold products for the first time at the Farm Market today. I had Heirloom yellow tomato plants, strawberry jam, and homeade dry Laundry Soap.
I sold 3 plants and several soap samples. (1-2 loads for 25cents). I made $8.75, space rental was $10.00 and I spent $13.00 on other peoples products! So I'm down $14.25! I enjoyed the day though and I'm sipping on a wonderful herbal tea blend I got there. I also bought a new infuser and I couldn't resist a small boquet of wild gathered flowers. ( You know-the necessities)
That's hilariouus :D I always keep track of total income and always have to subtract my "debits" from spending on local yummies, too!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I helped a friend with a garage sale today. I made $8, and spent $25 on an old Lane cedar chest. :p

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We go to farmers markets....one larger city market (Sat) and two small town markets (Tue, Fri). We actually make a living...enough to pay mortage, utilities, etc. It's great....May to Oct.

The city market is open year round, but has much less traffic from Jan to March. At that time of year it drops to 20-25% of Spring/Summer sales.

I used to shop markets, garage sales, etc, just for fun. I don't do that much now.

BriteChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
25 Bucks on a LANE chest that's a steal! Good for you!!!

I've missed the Farmers markets in my area for 2 weeks now needless to say my fridge is empty and I've resorted to freezer stock... I need Wednesday to come faster!!! Lol! But I did it to myself.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yeah I did get a steal. It is an older one and I found out I can get a brand new lock for it. It was part of a recall. Apparently kids were getting themselves locked inside. There is one hole drilled in the bottom...apparently so if a kid did get locked inside it wouldn't suffocate.