FarmerJamie - A new beginning

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i have to move my bean collection to the living room floor so i can see it all and get room enough to pare it down. i'll have flat box tops full of little cups of various things i've found when sorting and need to consolidate those. once i get that done then i bring them all back into this room for storage. until next time. :)

i'm rather sad that i have a very nice paring knife that needs to be filed down because there is a nick in the blade and it isn't right at all in my mind to use it until i've filed and then sharpened it. i don't have the proper files or sharpening tools for this here or a good vice or other way of holding it while filing. i'm now frustrated because i want my knife back. instead it would be cheaper to just go buy another knife and make sure this one doesn't get used by the gremlin so it won't get dinged again. this is why so many knives... :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I so identify with you. I’m trying to get rid of stuff, just have too much. Just finished redoing floor in middle bedroom. Boxes everywhere and misplaced stuff. Every room in the house is piled up with crap, except one. Every room in the house is destroyed, except one. Sofa, chairs, kitchen table, countertops-all covered. Driving me nuts.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I so identify with you. I’m trying to get rid of stuff, just have too much. Just finished redoing floor in middle bedroom. Boxes everywhere and misplaced stuff. Every room in the house is piled up with crap, except one. Every room in the house is destroyed, except one. Sofa, chairs, kitchen table, countertops-all covered. Driving me nuts.
We have 6 car window ice scrapers...and one car.

I managed to get the kitchen table 50% cleared off Monday. Completely covered again. Adult ADHD plays into this for the wife. Sets something down mid task and forgets about it completely.

Everyone, please understand I dearly love my wife and would not trade her for the world. Just venting here and looking for any coping tools. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have 6 car window ice scrapers...and one car.

I managed to get the kitchen table 50% cleared off Monday. Completely covered again. Adult ADHD plays into this for the wife. Sets something down mid task and forgets about it completely.

Everyone, please understand I dearly love my wife and would not trade her for the world. Just venting here and looking for any coping tools. :)

liquid eraser (aka alcohol)... while i do not recommend it for anyone i can see and understand why it has such popularity...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have no tips… but I feel your pain. My husband is the same. Our oldest daughter is worse. Clutter drives me crazy 😩

this is why everyone needs their own space. sign on the door says "Keep Out". that's the only way i can live here. Mom gets the rest of the house and most of the yard. i get my room and some spots in various gardens. otherwise i'd be living someplace else.

she can make all the comments she wants, i tell her to close the door. not her problem. :)

it gets better or worse in here depending upon what is going on in other things. like i have the last of the beans to sort and arrange that is happening now. it's a bit less cluttered than it was a month ago. i also have a chair in here that i will be fixing at some point. if it wasn't in here it wouldn't get done.

when bean sorting season is done i dust the floors and wash my bedding.