FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Nothing like retreating to your second office after a long day in the primary office
20240429_174723.jpg

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So wasn't certain where the property line is with the neighbor. They mowed this evening, now I know.
Well, now you know where the neighbor thinks/would like it to be…

Whoever buys our property someday will be completely wrong if they go by me and my neighbor’s mowing line! 🤣

But we have super nice neighbors and I’m sure they will introduce themselves and explain about the tree line, their inset fence, the overgrown field in the back, etc.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I may try my hand in the garage today. I need to dig out the push mower and make space for the grill so I don't have to move stuff to use it in the garage.

Could probably get a car load of recycling together. So many options... :smack

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So in the 8 years of marriage, now we have the opportunity to really garden and do the flower thing. Sitting in the garden sipping ice water, listening to the low rolls of thunder up north, hearing the whispers of parents and grandparents long gone.

The wife grew up with multiple generations of backyard gardeners, just as I did. Turns out she only helped/learned a narrow set of skills. As a kid, it was more about her staying out of the way (same with canning, btw) rather than learning.

I had my kids side by side with me when I could trying to impart some knowledge. Their mom hated gardening, but enjoyed the bounty. They "know" what to do, but they chose life paths that don't provide a chance to use those skills. Guessing my family gardening linage is going to die out with me

Melancholy thoughts on a Sunday afternoon

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I never thought my kids would have any interest in gardening. But, both of them 'grew into it.' My son has a love of hot peppers, like DH. He grows several kinds and actually keeps them going for years at a time. They are in big pots that he moves in and out during the winter. Those are his babies, lol.

My DD also learned to enjoy it and put in raised beds the summer before she passed. The grands are doing their best to keep 'em going. Grandson enjoys it - granddaughter enjoys watching, lol. However, she's a great cook and will cook up anything he grows.

Maybe your kiddos will get the bug too - even if it's just a tomato in a pot or strawberries in a hanging basket (especially if dad gifts them, lol). :hu

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Alas, I'm with the "don't do it kids". DD has in past when her DH were together.. He loved growing a garden. She used to work a large flower set up. Now, nope. But she also eats FEW veggies -- potatoes, cooked dried type beans -- that's about it. 😵‍💫🙄. DS eats pretty much pizza or sandwiches now...a few TV dinners, etc, unless someone else cooks it. So my gardening, canning, farming efforts are 98% for me, animals or friends. Somewhat disheartening.😐. There are days I think 🤔 why do.