Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
In what do you trust?

Jesus Christ and also in my hubby. Trust is something that you just can't patch up. Like a balloon once it is broken it just won't hold air.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Team Penning. I love it. Not a lot of people even know what that is. I guess you have to be a horse/rodeo person to know. I also love to watch those cutting horses work.
Princess Bride - one of my favorites.

Now that you have started your journal you get to list all the boring mundane things you do every day.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Mundane events for today:

Note - I am still pretty sick with the flu so a lot of resting in front of TV with Netflix box movies.

1. Type this.

2. Fix breakfast = City Biddy eggs, bacon, canned cinnamon rolls for hubby. ( Remember I have to eat gluten free)

3. Clean City Biddy Hen House - takes about 10 minutes I should be able to handle that.

3a. Rest in front of TV and knit on my new sweater.

4. Scrape off salt and re-salt sheep hide #2. I am learning to tan and sheep hide # 1 is resting in the "pickle"

5. Find rabbit pelts in freezer.

5a. Rest in front of TV and knit on my new sweater.

6. When thawed clean and salt rabbit pelts. This way I can process them with the sheep hides.

6a. Rest in front of TV and knit on my new sweater.

7. Food process celery leftover from making hot veggie pickles and put in dehydrator.

8. Do dishes.

8a. Rest in front of TV and knit on my new sweater.

9. Get dinner started. Chicken catchitorie in cast iron kettle in oven. [Sounds fancy, tastes great, easy to do. == 1 pack chicken from freezer. (I don't even thaw it) 1 jar marinara sauce, dry onion flakes, celery flakes, mushrooms, S&P, garlic dry. Let it cook 300- 325 for around 2 hours - low and slow. To finish I either make some spaghetti noodles (rice noodles of course) or steamed rice to bed the chicken. We will also have some fresh salad, which is still growing great in my big pots.

9a. Rest in front of TV and knit on my new sweater.

POSSIBLE 10. Slice and can pears (some of bushel sissy gave me) I hope I feel like this one they are ready to go.

10a. Rest in front of TV and knit on my new sweater.

11. Finish dinner and eat. (hubby to rinse and stack dishes)

11a. Rest in front of TV and knit on my new sweater.

Rest of chores in there some where: Feed and water chickens. (Time to use a Forteflex bowl instead of the fountain which was frozen this morning.) Gather eggs. Feed and water dogs. Throw dog ball - 6 million times. (he gives it to me to make me feel better.) Hug and assure other dog that I will not be dying (she follows me everywhere when I am sick and worries). Check home business email and process any orders.

I missed three days of work with this flu last week. I MUST get well by tomorrow.

Hubby's job for today. Split wood with our manual splitter and keep the home fire roaring. It is about 30 degrees outside.

There it is my mundane list for today. Good thing I am resting this weekend.
Yeesh! I can't imagine your list for a day when you're not sick and resting! Sorry about the flu. I'm fighting a sore throat here. Stayed home from church on my own. I'm still in my jammies! I did feed and water the birds although I still need to clean out the ducks' pools.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Juice of 1 lime. Do this 3 times a day. NO Sugar, NO Water. You can sip or just slug it down. I personally have to pretend there is a tequila chaser in there somewhere. LOL. It sure helps the throat and congestion. Plus you get all that great vitamin C.
At 33 cents each for a lime that is a pretty cheap remedy. It also seems to help me get over colds faster.
I suffer from broncial infections all the time and this seems to really help me.
Oh and be sure and post that recipe under the recipe section too.
I love those rest periods you have figured into your day.