Favorite Financial Quotes - Please Add Yours

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's have a thread of great financial quotes. Here is one that I just thought of when writing about interest in another thread:

"Interest never sleeps nor sickens nor dies; it never goes to the hospital; it works on Sundays and holidays; it never takes a vacation; it never visits nor travels; it takes no pleasure; it is never laid off work nor discharged from employment; it never works on reduced hours. ... Once in debt, interest is your companion every minute of the day and night; you cannot shun it or slip away from it; you cannot dismiss it; it yields neither to entreaties, demands, or orders; and whenever you get in its way or cross its course or fail to meet its demands, it crushes you."

J. Reuben Clark, Jr

Interest can be your worst enemy or best friend depending on your relationship with it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
If you always do what you always did, you will always have what you always had..... (My mother!)

bluey

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The quintessential stock market quote in my opinion:

The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. - John Maynard Keynes

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"You can nickel and dime yourself to the poor house." - my dad

Hiedi

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I'll tell you what they are. -- James W. Frick.

I must confess; lately, most of my money has been spent on getting set up for raising chickens. I am hoping that will stabilize soon. Perhaps once I hold that first egg in my hand, it will all seem worth it. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
"You live good in this lifetime IF you don't owe alot of money".

So true--by my Dad and I live by that now..LOL