favorite GF pizza crust recipes

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Here's the one I really like, it is thin and crispy but you are still able to pick it up and hold it, it has a good flavor too.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl mix the following:

1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 T sorghum flour
1 T yeast
1/2 tsp salt
basil, oregano, parsley, and garlic powder to taste

Mix dry ingredients with a mixer on low to incorporate well.

Add the following and blend on high speed for 3 minutes until you have a dough ball...add rice flour if too wet and water by the tablespoonful if too dry.

2/3 cup warm water
1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Apple cider vinegar

When you have the dough ball ready, spray your baking sheet or brush it with olive oil. Wet your hands and press the dough out to desired thickness. I make it really thin cause we like a thin, crispy crust. This will make one 12-14 inch pizza crust.

Bake 10 minutes and then add toppings, bake for another 20 minutes.

This is our absolute favorite and all the flours for this are easy to find and relatively inexpensive. My 4 and 6 yr olds will eat this!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Recipe for crust: I make them in bulk ad freeze them

Brown rice flower mix :
6C brown rice flour
2C potato starch
1 C tapioca flour

Pizza Crust recipe:
1 C brown rice flour mix
1/2 C millet flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 packet quick rise yeast
1 tsp olive oil
3/4 C plus 1 TBLS water heat to 110*F
Spray oil & Cornmeal to dust pizza pan ***must use or crust will stick to pan.***

Mix dry ingredients in mixer, pour in olive oil andwater mix until combined. Then mix on high for 2 minutes
Spoon dough onto pan and spread with wet spatula to cover pan with even layer. Let rise in warm place for 30-45 minutes. Should about double in height. Cook at 425* for about 15 minutes to prebake. Let cool. Put on toppings of your choice and cook till done or put in a 2 gal freezer bag to freeze then take out and thaw then bake on pizza pan that has holes in bottom to get crisp crust.
I was using aluminum foil wrapped cardboard for strength to freeze but then found dollar tree had good har aluminum pizza pans so bout 12 and freeze in them then remove and put on cooking pan when ready
to cook.

When I took the recipe x4 I used only 1 total pky yeast and it was just as good instead of 4 pkt yeast but for my cheesy bread sticks I used 1 pkt yeast with each recipe because I wanted them fluffy. Prebake the same way an add whatever flavors u want on it, garlic cheese ect
I used square pan for bread sticks and cut into strips with pizza cutter when done.

Homemade sauce is basically tomato sauce and Italian seasonings to taste simmer 20 minutes