FDA claims all interstate......

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
What if an add specifically states "not for human consumption?" Illegal now too?
Not strictly illegal in some states but I wouldn't run such an ad. You risk a milk nazi showing up incognito and tricking you in a conversation. There are also individuals out there who feel strongly that we are just stupid or misinformed and that the world and the children need to be protected from the likes o' us naive fools. :rolleyes:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Gosh, pretty soon the only way to drink raw milk and not get taxed will be to suck directly on the cow or goat's teat secretly.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Raw milk provides real nutrition.
Real nutrition nourishes brain health.
Healthy brains are capable of independent, rational thought
Independent, rational thinking people wont tolerate government BS
Therefore all raw milk sales must be stopped because all these rational, independent types are bad for business.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anybody got a big stick? Someone needs to thump some people on the head.
I love raw milk, wish I could get some here.

But I'll pass on the teat sucking ... :lol:

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In the interest of sportsmanship and fair play AND at the risk of outright crucifixion here, we might do well to look at the resurgence of tuberculosis in this country. While most of our cows are NOT infected with this, milk is a common source of the spread of TB. Testing is wise. If all is well, then I say "go for it!"

Further, the act of pasteurization can be done at home and is really quite simple in preventing the spread of this difficult disease.

One more point and then I'll crawl back under my stone :hide ...TB is becoming drug resistant and thus much more difficult to treat.

I only tell you this because even though raw milk is/has all the wonderful qualities you mention (WZ at the top of that list with her 10 reasons list) the HIV population (which prefers to remain hidden so if you contract it, they wont let you know) has been another source of this drug-resistant form of TB. TB has been nearly under control until lately. So just be aware of it...not terrified. Good animal care and regular veterinary care for our animals is essential for their good health and ours as well.

While the two issues (i.e. cows and HIV) are not necessarily significantly in common, they are associated by the issue of TB.

Not a sermon, just a thought
YMMV
Trim sends

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Very good points Icu4dzs. I am by no means a physician, but I also understand that there are a few other things becoming antibiotic resistant, like some infections.
I won't even touch on what all the hormones they feed the animals that we eat, are doing to our bodies........

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Why is there a war against raw milk?

Can someone explain it to me in little bittie words?
Corporate food profits

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
TB isn't being spread by milk, but by immigrants.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol8no7/01-0482.htm

Instead of harassing people who want to drink raw milk, how about that border problem, hmmmm?

The raw milk that abi and I get is from a dairy run by 2 vets that weekly test their animals.
http://www.windsordairy.com/

Remember, pasteurization does NOT make dirty milk clean. It makes farmers with bad hygiene practices able to not poison people. Big difference there.

sekinkead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a question about the TB, is it also possible in goats or is it just in cows?

I am off to read the articles posted by WZ and Free now.