FDA Says You Have No Right... Unless They Give You Permission 1st

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I had to edit the title so that it would fit.
FDA Says You Have No Right To Real Food Unless They Give You Permission First

This is in addition to the thread by Bubblingbrook titled "FDA claims all interstate......"

This goes beyond interstate commerce.

The agency has stated that because Congress has given FDA the authority to regulate food, there is no such thing as a right to acquire any given food.

Furthermore, the FDA says, "there is no generalized right to bodily and physical health."

I guess by the FDA's way of thinking, the Constitution may state the right to "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness", just not the right to a Healthy Life.

It would seem that the people are no longer the master of government, and that the roles have been reversed.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I think LIFE and PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS cover it all regardless of what some tool in a pinstriped suit might say.
:somad

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Wow!!
The more I read, hear and see, the more disgusted I get. :somad

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Let'm just TRY to take my garden fresh foods away from me, or stop me from growing my own. I promise you there will be a LOT more lead in the environment. ;)

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bankers control all the money. FDA wants control of all the food. Obama wants control of our health. State of Michigan wants control of my well.
Soon the EPA will make it illegal for chickens to poop in the backyard.
The only one that has no control is the honest hard working citizen.
Money, weapons, food, water.... Check.
All are crossed off on my prep list.
Guess I better shut up.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
And this is why I'm double majoring in sheep science, so I can run away to NZ or Aus...

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hu What?? I thought I lived in the good old USA!!! When did I move to RUSSIA!??? JEESH! Did someone drug me and move me in a drug induced state!?? "they" will never stop ME from raiseing MY own food..!!!

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The thing that upsets me is they are trying to regulate the wrong things. If you're going to regulate the good stuff then why not regulate the bad stuff too. My sister came down with meningitis due to listeria they suspect came from a hot dog she fed her kids and had to deliver her baby 10 weeks early. Why is it ok to sell hot dogs than raw milk? I think the FDA has it's place, but it has gotten too big for it's britches. Somehow we need to prove to the government that we are not all ignorant and we don't need them to protect us.