Feed and food prices are supposed to skyrocket again

redhen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
Tell you what......things get bad enough, I'll just sell my laying flock, keep my araucana projects and use my coop to house guineas, which can go almost without food and keep my garden free of bugs......that can happen.
Actually..they say guinea is real tasty also. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
redhen said:
rhoda_bruce said:
Tell you what......things get bad enough, I'll just sell my laying flock, keep my araucana projects and use my coop to house guineas, which can go almost without food and keep my garden free of bugs......that can happen.
Actually..they say guinea is real tasty also. :)
Hey redhen :frow

I have heard guinea is good to eat too. I never tried it when I had mine though. I am thinking of getting some more.

Maschil

Power Conserver
Reaction score
terri9630 said:
Mice will chew through the plastic. I have 2 heavy plastic trash cans with holes chewed through the lids. I bit the bullet and paid $30 each for some metal trashcans. The
mice are getting desperate now. They are trying to steal feed out of the buckets as we are pouring it in.
haha!! thanks for hte warning...will have to do this... Where did you get your metal trash cans from? any special place?

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you have goats, be sure to stock the corn stalks in a critter-free place. My goats LOVE the corn stalks and sunflower stems to munch on, once I've stripped them of the cobs and flower heads.

I found some metal trash cans at Lowe's. Still need to check elsewhere.