Feed Sack Shopping bag!!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow - Those are beautiful! Our feed bags are paper, too. Perhaps you should start a side business selling them.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes I cut them and layed them out flat.

Side business?? You know I thought about making them from a smaller pattern, maybe get two bags per feed sack. Then sell them for a 1.50. That about the going rate around here for a plastic shopping bag. Who knows. :D

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Tankshill-I would think that at a farmer's market they would bring at least twice or more that. Do you have an aquaintance who could sell them for you there?
Imagine that if you sold near the enterance to the market, that people having that "country" feeling for the moment would find them rather fashionable. $4-5 I think.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Yes I cut them and layed them out flat.

Side business?? You know I thought about making them from a smaller pattern, maybe get two bags per feed sack. Then sell them for a 1.50. That about the going rate around here for a plastic shopping bag. Who knows. :D
Only $1.50? You would be shortselling yourself!! Those are more than just shopping bags, they are a fashion statement.

I would pay at least $4-5 bucks for one. :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Seriously, I really like it. When you get to the point that you are comfortable selling them, I will buy one.

Can't take your very first - your little model might have a problem with that. She looks very proud.

Just think, I will have a haute couture (whatever they call it) :lol: all the way from California.

Dandelion007

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
That's a wonderful idea! I was planning on taking my girls to gather sea shells and making jewelry to sell at a local flea market this summer for a project in entrepreneur skills during the summer vacation. (I want my children to dream big rather than just exist.) I may have to expand their line already before they have even started. ;) Your bag looks great! I could easily see a few little adornments to even make it bling.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
(I want my children to dream big rather than just exist.)

Hi Dande!
I like that line you wrote. Made me smile! That is what happens to alot of folks nowadays. Just exist to pay bills and live the rat race....I like your comment! :)

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tankshill -
I bet if you asked other people if you could have their feed sacks to recycle, they might let you have them, then you would have plenty of supply. I would love to buy one from you as well. I have a friend who would love one and it would make such a great gift for her!

Latest posts