Feeding Rabbits

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Please don't think I'm try to be rude or confrontational, I'm just curious. If rabbits need pellets how is it wild ones thrive and are tasty 😋 is it the breed of rabbit that matters if they need pellets or not? Or is it more of a feed & harvest timing thing?

A little true story from North Carolina. One of the kids a few doors up the street from us had pet rabbits. Well I guess he grew tired of them one day and let them all loose in the back yard. The years following the whole street had a bumper crop of large white rabbits. Nothing green was safe, including but not limited too vegatable and flower gardens. Eventually the large white rabbits either moved on or died off because one year they were no where to be found.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
i asked the same question. then i heard a bunch of words. in summary rabbits need pellets (at least in part) for proper nutrition. :hu

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I feed mine pellets. One cup a day. If they still have pellets in thier feeders when I ck on them when I get home from work, they dont get more til its gone. They get lots of timothy/orchard grass hay, greens, and once in a while, organic salad mix from Costco. 😁