Feel like I owe ya'll an explanation...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I know I haven't contributed much recently to the Self Sufficient ideas on here. I apologize for that, but the truth is, I've nothing to add! I haven't been doing anything of interest...I know I talked about my ferrets A LOT but that's because I'm hibernating...In my house where it is warm...and I've only been venturing outside when a chore mandates I do so....like feeding/watering chickerdoodles and goats.

I hate the cold! We have a good foot of snow or more out there on top of a layer of ice with more coming in and there is NOTHING not even survival (hahaha) that will make me go STAY in it. I like it right here by my cozy warm fire....

I realize that makes sound like a spoiled brat...and I won't apologize for that! My feet are freezing!!

Anyway, I'm sorry I haven't had more to contribute, but I've not been doing anything other than normal house stuff, trying to stay warm, and playing with my ferrets.

OH wait, I heated water in the tea pot and took warm water out to all the chickerdoodles and ducks. I can't stand the thought that they are drinking cold water when it is cold out...and heated waterers are not cheap!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I think it's the same with everyone right now Quail, don't worry, I am in the same boat...just trying to stay warm and keep the sense of happiness going on these belak dark and cold days:>) It is frigid here, no working towards SS going on around here right now LOL!
I am sure that in a couple of months from now this forum will be hopping with SS ideas and contributions...until then, laugh alot, keep your spirits up and stay warm!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Thanks, Morel.

The only other interesting tidbit here is the SIL from you know is moving up from Florida this weekend. :hit :barnie

I'm thinking are they nuts?! It's FREEZING!!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
No biggy QA!! I have just been jabbering on here to keep my self sane for the next couple of weeks!! My mom says I am good to jabber on and on about nothing!! :lol: Once the baby comes I am sure it will seem like I disappeared too!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Quail
Life ain't packed full of SS stuff every minute of every day.
I am same as you but I have nicer weather here. I can get out a little, but I freeze in my 30 deg. weather down here...LOL

we all have the winter blahs.

and anyone self sufficient to the max, like living off grid and all that, they would also be locked up in their home in front of the fire just chilling out also.

All we do in spring, summer and fall prepares us to bed down like hibernating bears come a cold nasty winter.

just get on and post topics about ANYTHING.....we all want to chat and might learn new things.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm waiting for next week when it will be warm (-10C) so i can go play around and rearrange the coop a little. I also have a shed up there I want to clean up and create another pen in for rabbits

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I am not going to play out there until I get new straw for the chickerdoodles...which should be soon LOL

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've announced that I'm not leaving the house again until it hits 40 degrees.

No one believes me....

Inchy

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Hang in there kids- I think good weather is coming your way- at least some sun. It has been sunny and relatively warm here for about 4 days but the weatherman said last night that the high is now moving east. We are expecting a turn for the worse because it's heading to you.................

Thinking warm thoughts to you- everything is just so much harder in cold as bad as you all have had.

:frow

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
inchworm said:
I've announced that I'm not leaving the house again until it hits 40 degrees.

No one believes me....

Inchy
Haha that would be about May here:>) There's no way I could stay in the house that long!