Feeling a bit over exposed!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Some how I just hyper linked to BYC. So I jumped back to this forum. I normally have a forum page book marked so I never see the big brown and blue home page. Low and behold I saw the list of recent forum post and there I was. So this is the new blog page? Have we always had our posts out in the open like that? I think my sense of this being a small intimate community has just been blown out of the water.

Yeah, yeah I know it's the Internet but still....

g

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Gina, I could not help but chuckle. I know the feeling. I forget sometimes that anyone can come here and read what we are all saying. Glad to know its not just me.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
2dream said:
Gina, I could not help but chuckle. I know the feeling. I forget sometimes that anyone can come here and read what we are all saying. Glad to know its not just me.
You are not alone! It is easy to feel like we are secluded and private at times hua? Our own little family. Well we are under a glass roof now for sure, hee hee.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I keep forgetting also. I have never been to the home page either.
Oops, maybe I better delete some stuff, huh?!

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Isn't it pretty common/standard for internet forums with this sort of format (information-based home page, with big active forum a main feature of it) to have 'recent posts' on the homepage as a sort of trailer-teaser type thing?

Pat

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pat it probably is very common. I just forget sometimes. :hu I think responding to post and taking part in conversations is no biggy. It was just seeing my journal headline out in the open that startled me.

I think I will just try to stick more to SS topics and not such personal ones. I don't think the journal really works for me anyways. Most of my SS adventures are seasonal and pretty big events. Not the day to day stuff like some of our members. If anyone is interested in more they can pm me.

To the future!!! I say that with my cup of coffee raised in salute to the new year. It's coming fast.

gina

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
You can read more about this new addition here: http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3899

The "homepage" for SS is brand new as of 3 days ago.

It is important to note that your threads and posts are no more "public" or "accessible" than they were before we added the new homepage. In fact, they may be less publicized than before because now someone has to click from the main page to the forum to get here. Before, anybody coming to the site went directly to your forum posts.

This is probably a good opportunity to remind everyone that anything posted on a public forum, community, blog, etc. is viewable by anyone at any time. It is also important to remember that internet search engine spiders are copying content from websites and storing it (caching) all the time, so even if you write something and decide a few days later to delete it, it is very probable that it has already been archived indefinitely.

So, bottom line: be careful what you post publicly. Make sure it is something that you're okay with your spouse, boss, religious leader, etc. reading, because chances are good that someday they might.

Again, the change to the homepage of the SS site make your posts no more public or accessible than they were before.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Thanks Nifty. I already knew that. Its just funny that on this forum I sometimes forget. LOL Its just so much like home.

And by the way. I love the new homepage. It looks great.