Felps Naptha Garden Remedies

cackleberries

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Spring and Fall Lawn Tonic
*1 cup of fels soap solution 1 flat beer, 4 ounces of liquid dish soap, household ammonia and a 20 gallon hose-end sprayer. (*Fels soap solution is made by shaving 1/2 bar of Fels Naptha Soap into a quart of very hot water to dissolve. Add 4 ounces of liquid dish soap as an emulsifier. You can store the solution until needed. Shake well before use.) Mix the 1 cup Fels solution, 1 can of beer in the sprayer. Fill the remainder of sprayer with ammonia. For spring and fall garden spraying, add 2 oz of molasses.

For Aphids:
Spray aphids with 3 tablespoons grated Fels Naptha Soap dissolved in 1 gallon of hot water. Mix well and let cool. Spray as needed.

Insect Control:
Prepare Fels Naptha Solution first. (Solution - shave 1 inch of Fels Naptha bar in a nylon stocking and place it into a gallon of boiling water along with 4 oz. liquid dish soap(Ivory). Store as needed and shake well before use. It will have a gel-like consistency.) Mix 1 cup of Fels Naptha Solution with 1 cup antiseptic mouthwash (mint flavored if nematodes are a problem) and 1 cup chewing tobacco juice. Spray with a 20-gal hose-end sprayer with a golf ball in it to keep mixture mixed. Follow-up with an application of Dursban or Diazinon, if needed.

For Black-spot fungus on roses: Make the Fels Naptha Solution by shaving 1 inch of Fels Naptha bar into a nylon stocking and placing it into a gallon of boiling water along with 4 ounce of liquid dish soap (Ivory). This will keep nicely and you can use it as needed. It will have a gel-like consistency so mix well before using. For the black-spot fungus, mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of Fels naptha solution and 1 gallon of water. Spray as needed.

Im new to all this and found these on a web site while I was trying to find out where to purchase Fels soap for detergent. All this livng more simple stuff is SO ADDICTING

Sherrynboo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Great info! So did you find out where to get the Fels Naptha? Seems I have seen it somewhere but can't remember where. Living here in the bug capital of the nation, I need all the help I can get when it comes to bugs!

Sherry in Ga

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hi cackle

Im new to all this and found these on a web site while I was trying to find out where to purchase Fels soap for detergent. All this livng more simple stuff is SO ADDICTING

***YES YES it is addicting. to leave the chemicals behind, save money for things we really want, instead of blowing our money and helping the environment and our sanity..LOL

cackleberries

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Sherrynboo said:
Great info! So did you find out where to get the Fels Naptha? Seems I have seen it somewhere but can't remember where. Living here in the bug capital of the nation, I need all the help I can get when it comes to bugs!

Sherry in Ga
I found a couple places that carry it. Shocker ACE HARDWARE @1.89 and my local drug store carries it for the use on poison ivy sumac ect @1.99 Lots of people say Walmart but mine doesnt carry it. I also found a place online www.soapsgonebuy.com but its cheaper to buy in town after you figure the shipping (4.80SH) for a 1.99 bar. GOOD LUCK

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I searched everywhere I normally go and accidentally found it at a Publix!! They had it for 99 cents, which reminds me I'm out I need to stop by there next week.

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I finally found it at a Meijer store ($1.29). I was visiting friends and stopped in. Of course, the nearest one is an hour and a half away! :(

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I forgot to thank you for posting the uses for FelsNaptha in the garden.

Summer66

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this was posted already since I've been reading so much info on homemade laundry detergents. If you can't find Fels Naptha in the laundry detergent aisle, look in with the bar soaps. I found it at a smaller local grocery store in with the bar soaps. I am looking forward to trying it in the garden. Thanks everyone for all the great information.

Latest posts