FEM's 2020 Kidding Thread

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still waiting - but a bit closer to K-day.

Got a shot of Patch. She's definitely got a baby belly - but definitely not expecting more than two - if that.
DD473762-5FF3-4894-9924-F2B81519C01F.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still waiting. Tomorrow is 150 days from putting the buck in the pasture. That's the "average" gestation for larger goats. My pygmy goats were closer to the 145 day average but the big gals tend to bake their buns a few more days.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today
Is day 145 for the Pygmy doe. She wasn’t running with the main herd or the big bucks. She and Chester have had private quarters.

Her ligaments are gone and her udder is growing right in front of my eyes, lol. We might have April Fools day babies. Of course her favorite place is under the tractor... ugh. I’m going to have to find a way to move her into the freshly bedded pen.

52DE0382-08B1-42A9-970C-5014B0170FDA.jpeg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My sister had some little guys like that when her goat that was guaranteed not pregnant popped out triplets and the second goat she got at the same time had twins. She lives on 1.5 acre in the city and just wanted a couple of goats to chew down the brush & weeds in the horse pasture. The little snots grew up and learned how to climb a tree to get over the horse fence!! She couldn't figure out how they kept getting out till she was home sick one day and watched Timmy climb a tree ...:ep (she had named them Timmy, Tommy, Toby, Tammy and Tina)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wonderful! I love Spring!
Me too! New beginnings are always awesome!

adorable eye candy!!!!!! We deserve that.
I was pleasantly surprised at the color. . Mom is solid creamy white and dad is mostly white paint. His spots are pretty light brown. The markings and color must come through the Kiko side since Conan sired a similarly colored baby last year from one of my moonspotted Nubian does

This little gal is one of my experimental crosses. Her mom is 1/2 Kiko, 1/4 Nubian and 1/4 Pygmy. Dad (Boss the Kinder buck) is 1/2 Pygmy and 1/2 Nubian. Should make baby 2/8 (1/4) Kiko, 3/8 Pygmy and 3/8 Nubian. Hoping the Kiko influence, with their parasite resistance, carries through. The long term plan will be to breed back to Kiko increasing the influence and hoping to keep the stockier pygmy body and the milkiness of a Nubian. Time will tell...:idunno

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Introduced one of the FF's to milking this morning. She has a single baby so no reason why we can't share the milk. It was her first time to even see a milking stand, but this gal loves her feed, so she hopped right up and buried her face in the feeder. So proud of her. She never moved, never tried to kick or lay down. She just ate, lol! I finished up, untied her (which wasn't even necessary to begin with) and left her up there eating so she'll have the best memory ever of her first milking experience.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another kidding this afternoon. Luna produced two boys ...this tips the scale in favor of bucklings. At least so far because Snippet is likely going to release her hostages today also.
Lunas little ones:

04DA918A-CE3A-4C5D-989D-8C873099C6CF.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That stupid pig is a pain in my behind. It gets through the fence no matter what I do. AND - it goes after every mama and gets away with it enough that it keeps trying. May become bacon bits if it keeps it up!