FEM's 2020 Kidding Thread

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My sister had some little guys like that when her goat that was guaranteed not pregnant popped out triplets and the second goat she got at the same time had twins. She lives on 1.5 acre in the city and just wanted a couple of goats to chew down the brush & weeds in the horse pasture. The little snots grew up and learned how to climb a tree to get over the horse fence!! She couldn't figure out how they kept getting out till she was home sick one day and watched Timmy climb a tree ...:ep (she had named them Timmy, Tommy, Toby, Tammy and Tina)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's hilarious! Somewhere I have pics of some of my babies that used to climb partially up a tree with a "v" trunk. That tree is on the ground now and I'm willing to bet that kids will climb on it much more now that it's horizontal, lol!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Went out this morning to check the girls. At last nights check it was obvious that at least one gal was pretty close. Soooo- this happened a few hours ago:
2D919E5F-BDC6-4BB4-90D2-C4D5E71CFB93.jpeg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chester & your pygmy doe did good!! AND on time. WOW

The last one is so nicely "painted up" All chrome. Look at that black nose in the middle of the white muzzle. You couldn't have done that if you tried to paint it! I hope it's a doeling…...

IT HAS BEGUN!! :celebrate

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pygmy's are totally predictable, lol.

I hope it's a doeling…...
It is, it is! Mama is a yearling FF and had the baby dry when I got outside. But, she totally left it when she saw me with a feed bucket, lol. But, as soon as she filled her tummy she went back to being a mama.. Proud of the little gal!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wonderful! I love Spring!
Me too! New beginnings are always awesome!

adorable eye candy!!!!!! We deserve that.
I was pleasantly surprised at the color. . Mom is solid creamy white and dad is mostly white paint. His spots are pretty light brown. The markings and color must come through the Kiko side since Conan sired a similarly colored baby last year from one of my moonspotted Nubian does

This little gal is one of my experimental crosses. Her mom is 1/2 Kiko, 1/4 Nubian and 1/4 Pygmy. Dad (Boss the Kinder buck) is 1/2 Pygmy and 1/2 Nubian. Should make baby 2/8 (1/4) Kiko, 3/8 Pygmy and 3/8 Nubian. Hoping the Kiko influence, with their parasite resistance, carries through. The long term plan will be to breed back to Kiko increasing the influence and hoping to keep the stockier pygmy body and the milkiness of a Nubian. Time will tell...:idunno