FEM's 2020 Kidding Thread

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Introduced one of the FF's to milking this morning. She has a single baby so no reason why we can't share the milk. It was her first time to even see a milking stand, but this gal loves her feed, so she hopped right up and buried her face in the feeder. So proud of her. She never moved, never tried to kick or lay down. She just ate, lol! I finished up, untied her (which wasn't even necessary to begin with) and left her up there eating so she'll have the best memory ever of her first milking experience.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Introduced one of the FF's to milking this morning. She has a single baby so no reason why we can't share the milk. It was her first time to even see a milking stand, but this gal loves her feed, so she hopped right up and buried her face in the feeder. So proud of her. She never moved, never tried to kick or lay down. She just ate, lol! I finished up, untied her (which wasn't even necessary to begin with) and left her up there eating so she'll have the best memory ever of her first milking experience.

oh the mammaries! um, sorry, too hard to resist that one. :) maybe it was such a non-event that she won't really even remember it at all? haha! i dunno. i have not spent any time at all around sheep or goats.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I hope she remembers what a good experience it was and will enjoy repeating it on a daily basis. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another kidding this afternoon. Luna produced two boys ...this tips the scale in favor of bucklings. At least so far because Snippet is likely going to release her hostages today also.
Lunas little ones:

04DA918A-CE3A-4C5D-989D-8C873099C6CF.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And it continues.... Snippet (big Nubian doe) delivered two bucklings early this morning. Unfortunately one was DOA. Mom and remaining baby seem to be doing well.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks @flowerbug. That's life on the farm. Every death is felt, but life does go on. The live, healthy babies are a source of pure joy as they jump and frolic - just happy to be alive. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Purely "get it where you can" !!

I love it when a couple kid close, then the kids have more friends.

Not sure I I have 1 or 3 still to kid. If only one, do it now! LOL