FEM's 2020 Kidding Thread

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Besides the freeloading piglet snatching a free meal- we had two more kiddings this morning. Single doe in one, single buckling in another. I think I'm at 11 kids - 6 male 5 female right now. That may change. The buckling that was brother to the DOA yesterday isn't doing well. He's either terribly contracted or has a major joint problem. As of this morning I splinted him and he still isn't standing on his own....He needs to get better because he can't live his life on his belly. :(

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope the kid gets past this. Glad your FF is milking. Yeah, they sure love the feed buckets. LOL What's nice about a single kid is the ability to milk some but also be able to skip some. Right? It's quite helpful if your running late to work. Of course, only a memory for YOU now. :lol: :celebrate

Ahhhh….morning coffee with fresh goat milk? I drink black BUT use it in my hot tea. Tasty! Not only that, so many stores are short on milk right now....and eggs. Not us!! LOL This virus sure brings SS living home in a good way. We are blessed.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I milked three goats today...but just once each. Going to have to milk the bucklings mom twice a day just to keep her going. She's a big ol' Nubian and I expect I'll get about 6qts a day from her if he doesn't start nursing. Yikes! If I milk several of them I'll have enough for the chickens and the pigs too.

I sent several dozen eggs to some neighbors today and the kids next door are excited to be getting goat milk again. They're so funny - I give them a 1/2 gallon and when they're finished they bring the empty jar back and ask if there's more please!

It's nice to be able to share. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wanted to showcase this little guy. His coloring is so unique! He’s kind of a tan paint with black/gray moon spots! His really cool color will likely change- but for now I love it!

56CF6482-E446-45AF-964F-F418324E3F83.jpeg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Another day, another birth. Big, beautiful single buckling. Wish we had doelings this beautiful and plentiful!
346B8739-3697-4180-AFEC-539CDF7E1CA2.jpeg

doesn’t do much good to put down fresh shavings when the mamas dig through it and stir it all up. But, we have plenty of iodine and this guy got doused several times while he was on a clean towel.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love the color --- of couse, a boy!

What's up with that? Like peacocks...

Here it's been a more boy year, also. But there's freezer fodder and hay money. Gotta look at it that way.

I love the pig slurping. Bet that didn't last long. LOL

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That stupid pig is a pain in my behind. It gets through the fence no matter what I do. AND - it goes after every mama and gets away with it enough that it keeps trying. May become bacon bits if it keeps it up!

Latest posts