FEM's 2020 Kidding Thread

SS Project Manager

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We're still at least a month away from the first kidding so this may be a very boring thread for awhile.

Even though we're a ways away from any delivery I started doe pampering today. I checked membranes and wormed a few "regulars" last week...sigh. So today I took out some Replamin and gave them all a nice taste. (Replamin Gel Plus is a nutritional source of amino acid chelated/complexed minerals and vitamins for all classes of cattle, horse, goat, and swine.) They love the stuff and it really does a body good. I'll start CDT shots in the next couple days. Also going to try something different with the girls this year. I'm going to give the moms some Vit E and Selenium Gel before kidding. For the last couple of years I've noticed that some of the kids just seem to do better if they get a little dab at birth. This year I'm going to give it to the moms and see if that makes any difference at all. While I'm thinking about it I need to get some Toltrazuril ordered too. It is THE best thing for preventing coccidia problems that I've ever used. A dose at 3, 6, and 9 weeks is usually all it takes. I've been known to give another dose at 12 weeks if we're having a really bad, sloppy, wet, nasty year. Normal stuff around here, lol.

I'll get some pics in a couple days - when the sun comes back out again and keep track of udder progress if I can keep up with it.

Starting to get excited!
Congrats @frustratedearthmother, your thread along with Snippet has been featured on our homepage! :celebrate