Fencing

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been helping my neighbor on and off fence in 10 acres of barbwire for cattle, just so I can learn. Today we set t-posts in-between wooden corners and bracing.

This one of the long sides of the 10. I placed and held the t-posts about every 10' and level with the string, while he pushed them with his bobcat bucket. Some good exercise 😊 but my feet are frozen so I got them under the heating pad, darn frostbite comes back to haunt me :(
IMG_20210117_141437703_HDR.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's how we do fencing also, except we use the tractor bucket to push in the fence posts. Tractor bucket and logging chain to pull them back out, lol.

We bought a fencing attachment that hooks onto the 3 point of the tractor. It holds the "spool" of fencing and after attaching the fence to the end post, slowly drive the tractor forward to unroll the fence. At the other end, a couple of adjustments and it will clamp the fence so you can stretch it tight. We tend to use horse fence instead of barb wire, but I believe this attachment will work with multiple rolls of barbwire also.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No barbed wire here either....horses get hurt, goats get out and I get all scratched up!

I need one of those roll outs for my tractor! Then there's cost, I need money for that, too. 😁