Ferrets are not FRUGAL!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Ferrets as pets can be one of the most expensive pets! And I am not talking the purchase of the ferret!

I have spent all day looking for ferret kibbles. I normally buy 8n1 but thought I might get a bag of Totally Ferret to mix with it. ALL the stores locally and online are sold out of Totally Ferret!! and it's not cheap at $15 for a 4 lb bag!

Anyhoo...I finally found 8n1 in stock and for $6.49 a bag!! So I was able to buy 2 bags for the price of one! WOOT!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey quail

have you tried googling "ferret food homemade" or anything like that. I am sure you could make this stuff with bulk items from the store and come out cheaper----I think...I don't have a clue what ferrets eat???---LOL-LOL

have you thought about making your own?

yes, animals are expensive cause THEY got ya....you have to feed them and THEY know it so you pay!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I'm working on a homemade kibble, but it is really hard since they need such a high protein diet.

No veggies, no carbs, sugars, etc. Their bodies can't handle it.

I already make homemade soupie and supplement the kibbles with that.

Unless I want to feed a raw/whole prey/live prey diet, I gotta buy kibbles!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
keljonma said:
Quail_Antwerp said:
Unless I want to feed a raw/whole prey/live prey diet, I gotta buy kibbles!
Do they eat mice and rats??
Yes, they do....well, mice, but I think as far as rats go it would be baby rats...not sure on adult rats...they also eat chicks, quail....mine especially like venison soupie...and turkey...

I don't like the mess with whole prey or raw feeding, so I tend to boil chicken, turkey, and venison for them and puree it into their soupie mix.

Latest posts