Fill your feezer with BEEF FAST AND CHEAP!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Honestly, so long as I don't get pulled over for possible murder (or any other charges), I'm not concerned about blood on the car. I would just have to hose it out once I made it home. Of course, that is, again, provided that I wouldn't get pulled over for massive amounts of blood splattering from the back of my car...

Wildsky, many can make smaller smoke "houses" (smoke boxes). I know I've seen plans on here before. Space for the actual butchering would probably be the biggest issue, especially for town folk. We've always done them in the garage, but a lot of people can do them outside hanging from a tree or whatever. As for experience, you'll never gain experience from sending it off to a butcher, lol. Watch youtube and look for detailed step-by-step processing demos. It's easier once you actually get ahold of one, and if you've butchered anything before, it makes everything else easier as well.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have a book called the Canning, Freezing, Curing & Smoking of Meat, Fish & Game. It has instructions on how to build a cold smoker. And, while I don't know if I'll do it here, if I ever get the land I want, I will.

Latest posts