finally got around to it

Mini Horses

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice job! I need one of those -- or two -- but for my layers. I have a few who do NOT want to coop and I'm wanting them out of the barn they are using!! At least I have a tractor that I can move it with. :D Trust me, this old gal would need that. I also have a pasture I'd like to have them "work" & fertilize for awhile. Hmmmm....

Where'd you get the "roof" braces?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nice job! I need one of those -- or two -- but for my layers. I have a few who do NOT want to coop and I'm wanting them out of the barn they are using!! At least I have a tractor that I can move it with. :D Trust me, this old gal would need that. I also have a pasture I'd like to have them "work" & fertilize for awhile. Hmmmm....

Where'd you get the "roof" braces?

that's 1/2 inch emt electrical conduit that I bet in the shape I need. easy enough. 90 in the center and two 45s on the ends

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did you have a pipe bender, or make your own jig? I see that as being a great chicken tractor. BUT, you could replace that tarp with a greenhouse tarp and have an instant greenhouse. Given: In your climate, you don't have much need for a greenhouse... But, it would give you a year round garden. Nice job. How do you move it?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Did you have a pipe bender, or make your own jig? I see that as being a great chicken tractor. BUT, you could replace that tarp with a greenhouse tarp and have an instant greenhouse. Given: In your climate, you don't have much need for a greenhouse... But, it would give you a year round garden. Nice job. How do you move it?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

I use a hand bender like this https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...j3z4zGj57qAhUBpp4KHYsVDUUQwg96BQgJEJcB&adurl=

it has wheels on the back that are easily sliden on and off then I pull up on the rope and walk it forward. the whole thing weighs maybe 120 lbs so it's not hard to move

Mini Horses

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BUT, you could replace that tarp with a greenhouse tarp and have an instant greenhouse.
Was thinking along same lines. LOL. For that, some higher sides would give inside room for people. Run a shelf along each side. Done. :D Even a small one for starting plants could be easy. Guess I need to buy a bender.