Find of the century!! (for me anyway)

firem3

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have been hauling composted horse manure and stall bedding ALL day and have barely scratched the surface. The pile is at a horse vet/equine center near me. The manure has been composting for a couple of years and the pile is as large as my house and did i mention it is free and i can have as much as I want!! :weee :ya

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:clap Woo hoo good for you!!!! I did 5 truck loads from my SIL between last fall and March. Everything in the garden did fantastic.

Congratulations!!!!

g

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Where I used to live in San Jose, there was a winery/horse stable with two humongeous piles - yes, as tall as a one story house. Too bad its 3 hrs away now...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Where I used to live in San Jose, there was a winery/horse stable with two humongeous piles - yes, as tall as a one story house. Too bad its 3 hrs away now...
With a big enough truck I would make that drive any day!!!

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
noobiechickenlady said:
ENVIOUS!!!!

I've actually gone so far to make up "I want your poop" fliers to post at the feed stores. Got a couple of laughs, but no manure yet :p
:yuckyuck

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
when I had my septic sucked out by the company---the guy looked into my horse pasture and said ---go get 2-3 buckets of fresh manure and stick it in the septic when we are done pumping. He said that beats anything like Rid X big time and the bacteria in that manure will keep my septic churning with good bacteria hmmmm I sure did it lol
did I know if it "really" worked...nope lol

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
I wonder if cow poop would work.

Latest posts