Firewood Processing - Dialup Warning

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We buy tree length for up in Maine, we heat only with wood, so we could really use it, believe me!

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow. We sure needed that a few years back when an ice storm blew down a dozen trees over our driveway. On that note, this is my family in a nutshell. As soon as the downed power lines were turned off, and the trees could be moved, we had at least ten guy relatives with chainsaws on our property. "Free firewood" is like candy to us...

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
You were right about the Dialup warning; DSL stuck on it and it was impossible to close it. I ended up closing my browser to get rid of that clip.

I split by hand and have seen many struggle with the rented splitters.
The problem I see with this set up is getting the long log balanced in the right position to begin with. If someone gave me one I'd use it!

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That thing was splitting the wood into tiny pieces though. When we split the wood too small, it burns MUCH faster. Then you need to load it more often and use more wood to produce the same heat for the same length of time. :/

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
So what kind of price on that bad boy?

My sissy even owns the bobcat to put it on!

(dreamin' 4 sure now)

Sebrightmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband showed this to me last week. It was in one of his mags. It is pretty cool. He made a wood splitter for his skidloader but it doesn't cut them up so little and it doesn't cut up large logs. Since I am 7 months pregnant, the smaller peices would be nice. We have an outdoor wood stove. I would love you have that and I know he would too.